Why are you twitching in a dream?
Very often, people have a situation wherethe person almost fell asleep, but suddenly there is a feeling of falling. In this case, the muscles of the body abruptly contract, and the person wakes up. Or, falling asleep, you feel how your arm or leg begins to twitch by itself. Many people wonder why you twitch in a dream, as if from an electric discharge in your muscles. Some are convinced that these are consequences of nervous tension, stress and lack of sleep. And others think that it's just not worth a night's eating too much. And the main thing: for 3 hours before sleep, refuse to watch TV!
So, there are different opinions on this matter.
- The first version, in response to the question: why the person twitches in a dream, - offers the following explanation. It can be the reaction of the brain to our own breathing. It is known that there are several phases of sleep. The first phase, drowsiness, is accompanied by a sharp slowing of breathing. The brain perceives this as a sign that the body is beginning to die, because it is unable to distinguish the dream from the coming death. Protective reactions are triggered, the brain reflexively directs the signal so that the limbs are sharply reduced in order to awaken the dying body. Thus, twitching in a dream is a kind of death convulsions.
- Another explanation can be this: sleep is a complex phenomenon, not simpler than the everyday life of the organism. In the process of sleep, the brain can be in no less active state than when it is awake. But the body is still. And all sensory signals are also completely ignored by the brain. Few people know that during sleep, the brain builds a body model. It can shift from the real. Scientists believe that the feeling of falling can arise, because the model of the body that is built by the brain, takes a pose in which it seems that it can lose balance. Brain reaction is characterized by a sharp inclusion of muscles and all sensors to "keep the balance" real body. A person wakes up, realizes that everything is in order and muscular activity can stop.
- Some believe that in this way, just before going to sleep, the muscles are relieved of the residual stress that accumulated during the day. In order to morning the body woke up rested.
- Others, to the question of why the legs are twitching in a dreamor hands, express the following opinion. In a certain phase of sleep, the human brain stops responding to stimuli from outside (wind, noise, voices, knocking). But at the same time he reacts very much to changes in the body. If during this period of sleep, the concentration of potassium or calcium changes in the blood, then the body reacts with such spontaneous contractions of muscles.
- The reason why a person twitches in a dream may be a lack of magnesium in the body.