What should I give my baby when they vomit?
Vomiting in children is a common occurrence. It is provoked by a variety of causes: teething, salmonellosis, administration, fever, head trauma, stomach disease, eating disorders and so on. Therefore, it is important to know what to give a child when vomiting, to stop it and prevent dehydration.
Please note that when vomiting is given, only special medications should be given with sparing dosages (they are listed in the instructions to them).
- "Enterofuril" - high-speed druga product that can be purchased in suspension. It not only eliminates vomiting, but also destroys pathogenic intestinal sticks, causative agents of cholera and dysentery.
- Children's "Primadofilus" - a drug that includes bifido- and lactobacilli. It is effective for vomiting, diarrhea and food poisoning. Children's "Primadofilus" is released in capsules and powder.
- "Motilium" is a drug presented in the form of a suspension. Helps even with severe vomiting. It includes lactose, domperidone and magnesium.
- "Domperidone Hexal" - a drug produced in tablets and suspensions. Has a quick antiemetic effect and eliminates nausea. The main active substance of this drug is domperidone maleate.
- "Ranisan" - is produced in tablets, contains ranitidine hydrochloride.
When vomiting, the child is also effective folk remedies.
- When vomiting, a child can give a decoction made onbased on dill seeds. Take this component in an amount of 1 tsp, pour 200 ml of hot water and boil for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Cool the broth and give the baby 20-50 ml at intervals of 2-4 hours.
- Help with vomiting tincture of lemon balm. Take 20 grams of this herb and pour 1 liter of boiling water. Leave it for 5 hours, and then strain and poite the child's remedy as often as possible.
- Prepare a decoction of vomiting from ginger. You need to grate it, and then take in the amount of 2 tbsp. spoon and pour 200 ml of boiling water. Next, the container with ginger is put on a weak fire and aged for about 15-20 minutes. The ready-made broth should be filtered and given to the child every 2 hours for 30-70 ml.
- Take 1 tablespoon of peppermint and pour 200 ml of steep boiling water. Leave the agent to infuse for 30-40 with the lid closed. It should take 1-2 tbsp. l. every 3 hours.
- If the child is experiencing convulsive vomiting, take warm milk, beat in the yolk and mix everything thoroughly. Ready mix should be given as often as possible on 2-3 st. spoons.
- When vomiting good horsetail helps the field. Take this herb in the amount of 2 tbsp. spoon and pour 500 ml of boiling water. After an hour, strain the infusion. It should be eaten in small sips.
- Mix 3 pieces of lemon balm, 4 parts of chamomile flowersand 3 parts of peppermint. Brew 1 tbsp. spoon of the obtained collection of 200 ml of boiling water. Leave the grass for 1 hour, then strain. Give the baby a means of 1/3 cup every 3-4 hours.
- Effective in vomiting decoction from the root valerian. Take 1 tsp of ground raw material and pour a glass of water. Place the container with the medium on a low heat, bring to a boil and stand for about 15 minutes. Strain the broth and cool, and then give his child 1-2 spoons 5-6 times a day.
When vomiting in a child is very important to prevent intoxication and dehydration of the body. To do this, you must give him one of the following drugs:
These medicines are produced in powders. Before use, they are bred in boiled water according to the instructions. The ready solution is given to the child fractional - 1 teaspoonful every 5-7 minutes.
If after home treatment vomiting is notwill cease, or it will contain impurities of blood and bile, it is necessary to see a doctor as soon as possible. He will conduct an examination and appoint a series of tests. This will establish the cause of vomiting and choose an effective treatment.