What should be the weight of concrete in 1m3
Concrete is a popular building material.It is a stone obtained as a result of solidification of a mixture of a binder, fillers and water, as well as additives. A wide range of concrete applications is associated with a wide variety of its types, the ability to operate under different conditions and for different purposes.
How much does one m3 of concrete weigh?
This value may differ depending on the filler. The weight of concrete in 1m3 is, in fact, its density. The following groups of concrete are distinguished:
- Lightweight - with a density of 500-2000 kg / m3. It is made both on porous, and on dense fillers of the different size. Used in fencing and supporting structures, it is also popular as a thermal insulation.
- Heavy - average density of 2000-2500 kg / m3. In the composition there are already denser fillers- limestone, granite and similar rocks, an astringent is usually varieties of Portland cement. Usually just such concrete is used in housing construction, for hydraulic engineering structures and as a component of road and airfield coverings.
- High-strength concrete has a density of more than 2500 kg / m3. Scope of application - special designs, for example nuclear power plants. In the role of fillers are heavy metal ores that can protect against radiation.
It should also be borne in mind that the weight of concrete in 1m3dry mixture and after mixing it with water will be different. This is due to the compaction of the components. Even the weight of 1m3 of M200 concrete, for example, can vary. The components sometimes have a greater or lesser density, and the use of coarse fillers increases the porosity of the concrete stone, thereby facilitating it.
Parameters of concrete stone
The main characteristics of concrete - class, frost resistance, strength, moisture resistance. Indicators for these characteristics are indicated in the marking of concrete.
- Water permeability is marked with the Latin letter W with a digital coefficient determining the pressure of the water jet, which can withstand a sample of concrete of this brand in the form of a cylinder.
- Frost resistance, denoted by F,how many cycles of defrosting and subsequent freezing (in other words, winter-summer transitions), concrete can withstand without loss of bearing capacity and other important qualities. This indicator plays a role only for a cold climate, and in conditions of subtropics and tropics the temperature does not drop so much that the concrete is frozen, and not simply cooled.
- The grade and grade of concrete determine the strength of the stone for compression.
Materials used for concrete should notcontain foreign matter. It should be ensured that the sand contains a minimum amount of organic impurities, because they significantly reduce the strength of the concrete stone. The basic requirements for crushed stone are good indicators of strength and resistance to low temperatures. As for cement, its brand is 2-3 times higher than the brand of concrete at the outlet. Water should be clean, free of chemical and biological contaminants.
They can affect its properties in a variety of ways:
- increase the mobility of the mixture;
- prevent delamination during transport;
- reduce evaporation of liquid;
- regulate the curing speed of the mixture;
- change the density, and therefore, the weight of concrete in 1m3, the degree of porosity (due to the involvement of air, the formation of foam, gases, compaction);
- protect against various types of corrosion;
- to impart special properties (for example, to regulate electrical conductivity).
In general, complex additives are used, that is, they affect in a number of ways.
Buy or make yourself?
From a competent selection of the composition of the concrete mixdepends on the quality of the structures made of it, their durability and safety during operation. Therefore, the material should not be saved. Although you can mix concrete with your own hands, the use of factory products is preferable. Mortar-concrete assemblies conduct constant monitoring of the quality of the components and the mixture itself, make adjustments, which means that the weight of concrete in 1m3 and other necessary characteristics will be met.
If you still need to get concreteindependently, the regulatory documents offer clear and understandable process algorithms. To calculate the weight of concrete in 1m3 and choose the proportions of components, there are also computer programs and various online calculators that perform the same function.
Most of them take into account only the desiredbrand of concrete, used cement brand and filler fraction, however, in addition to these factors, the moisture content of sand and crushed stone significantly influences the exact proportions.