What is diagnostics?
The term "diagnostics" originated from the Greekthe words "diagnostikos", which means - "able to recognize". The concept of diagnostics is widely used in various fields of human knowledge. For example, in medicine, engineering, psychology. About what diagnostic is from the point of view of these sciences and what it is needed for, and we will go further.
What is the diagnosis for?
The general meaning of diagnosis as a concept is the same in all sciences and performs a number of the following functions:
- comprehensive study of the subject (for example, the work of the human body, technical mechanisms, devices, systems, psychological processes, etc.);
- detection of deviations, defects (for example, in human life, work of machines, etc.);
- prediction of possible deviations (for example, in the development of the body, the human psyche, in the mode of operation of the mechanisms);
- development and improvement of various methods and means of detecting defects.
A number of the above concepts is what diagnostic is needed in general. Each separate science has its own functions and diagnostic methods.
What is Medical Diagnosis?
Medical diagnostics is the science of methodsdetection of diseases to establish the correct diagnosis and the appointment of a correct treatment. Modern medical diagnostics is based on a variety of methods, the most reliable of which are:
- Laboratory blood tests. According to them, the doctor can learn about the existence of certain diseases and inflammatory processes in the human body, to obtain data on the amount of the content of certain substances in the blood.
- Cardiography. This method of diagnosis is a one-time or daily monitoring of the heart.
- Gastroscopy. This method helps to identify various diseases of the digestive tract: stomach ulcers, intestinal pathology and others.
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) helps identify many diseases at the earliest stages of their development.
- The ultrasound of the organs can evaluate the correctness of fetal development during pregnancy, and also determine the condition of various internal organs.
- Radiography helps physicians identify various injuries or surgical pathologies.
- Endoscopy allows you to avoid traumatic surgery when collecting the necessary materials for analysis from internal organs.
More information about what kind of diagnostics is from the point of view of medicine can be found in the section on our site Medical Diagnostics.
What is technical diagnostics?
Technical diagnostics is the main partMaintenance. Its main task is to ensure the effective and safe operation of a technical facility. A more complete picture of what technical diagnostics can be obtained by examining its main functions, which include:
- assessment of technical condition;
- identification of the location of various malfunctions;
- residual resource forecasting;
- observation and registration of the technical condition of the facility.
Conducting technical diagnostics helps to reduce the cost of repairs and avoid forced downtime in the operation of machines and mechanisms.
What is psychological diagnosis?
Psychological diagnostics develops a theory,principles of evaluation and measurement of the psychological characteristics of the individual. That for which diagnostics in psychology is necessary, will prompt areas of its application. These include:
- selection and selection of personnel, career guidance, personnel management;
- identification of the best ways of teaching and raising children;
- compiling a forecast of social behavior of people;
- conducting forensic psychological examination;
- the provision of psychological and psychotherapeutic assistance;
- clinical (assessment of a person's psychological state during outpatient treatment, at a doctor's appointment or in the provision of emergency medical care).
In addition to the above types of diagnosis, there are other (for example, economic, pedagogical), the basic principles of which can be understood, knowing what diagnostics in the broad sense of the word.