What are the roses?
Can you imagine how much sense lies in thisflower? Gifting a person with a rose of one color or another, you can express your feelings differently. And what do we know about roses, from a purely biological aspect? What kinds are they, and what color? In this article we will try to tell you everything.
Rose, one of the most ancient plants thatbegan to grow for the sake of beauty. Images of this flower, were seen in the palaces of Ancient Babylon. Tell a couple of words, what are the roses, it is not easy. At the moment, more than 24 thousand varieties of roses are known. They differ in origin, color and biological characteristics. In this article, you will learn about the main types of roses, what color they are more likely to meet and how one grade differs from another.
What flowers are roses
For the average person, the most visible sign, according towhich he discerns roses is their color. Roses can have almost any color. In all other colors, roses are found in more or less pronounced shades. The most popular are white, yellow and red roses. White roses belong to the Cimmerian ancient variety. Red roses love everything, they are very beautiful and are sold everywhere. Varieties of red roses are very many. About what colors roses are, you can say a lot, because among such a variety of varieties, you can find any color. The sort of roses that you are used to seeing in flower shops is called floribunda, also a popular climbing rose. It is a rose on a high stem and with wide petals, a bright red color. By the way, a black rose does not grow in nature. If you see such a rose, it will be a hybrid of bard rose with a tea stalk, grown in the laboratory. There are black roses only such, it is possible to say, an artificial plan.
Very often, the advertising of flower shops says -"Only with us, you can buy blue roses!". So, are there blue roses? Is this really the case? As it turned out, the roses in the genetic set do not have a blue pigment called delphinidine. Therefore, there are no blue or blue roses in nature. But, as the demand for roses of similar colors was great, the growers began to tint the white roses, thus getting blue or blue. But, genetics started to work, and in 2004, with the help of the gene that is responsible for the blue color of the pansy flower, the first blue roses were removed. So there are blue roses. Blue roses can also be attributed to this genetically modified type of roses.
The most popular varieties of roses
We will not talk about all varieties of roses, but the most basic ones will be described.
- For the landscape and decoration of garden plantations, roses of wrinkled variety are used. They are popular with gardeners, because they grow about a meter in length, and perfectly adorn the hedge.
- Some of the most beautiful varieties of roses are curly. Sort of Frankus or Gloria Day, you probably gave to the holidays or maybe you grow them at home. These varieties are not only the most beautiful, but also frost-resistant. These are white, yellow and red roses that grow well in a pot or in nature.
- There is also a group of vintage park roses. These are whole bushes that are planted, usually around palaces and large buildings. One bush can grow 10-30 roses, different shades. Flowers of park roses are small, and the stems are branched. Modern garden roses, more like asters or geraniums, they are furry, with frequent petals, bright colors.
- Judging by the characteristics of color, roses can be striped, bicolour, unusual colors, bright, pale, porcelain, peach.
- Nowadays, many exotic varieties have been identifiedroses. The most popular are corrugated roses. Such roses have a flower with swirling petals of a flower and a very thin stem. They all belong to the group of floribunda and are grown in the front garden beds or in house pots.
Smell of roses
The smell of a flower is probably one of the important reasons forwhich they grow. So nice to feel the freshness and pleasant scent in the house. The smell of the flower that you feel is produced by the essential oil that the petals release. Old varieties of roses give a fresh fragrance. It smells of lemon, nectarine. Modern types of roses, can give a variety of flavors. For example, melons or watermelon. Some roses grown in greenhouses by crossing, may even give the effect of a perfume smell.