The device of a septic tank from eurocubes the hands
Residents of the private sector and gardeners are often deprived of the opportunity to use central sewage. The technology of septic tank without pumping out will help to eliminate this problem. The design consists of two or more tanks, which are individually calculated by the amount of the expected waste. The best option when building a septic tank without pumping is to use a Eurocube. To install a septic tank of eurocubes with your own hands you need to buy new or used containers and install.
Design features of the tank and its application
In order to get a closer look at the work of the septic tank, let's see what a EuroCube is and how to make a homemade toilet out of it in the country without pumping:
- Eurocube is a plastic container with thick walls. Outside the tank for durability is trimmed with a metal protective grid. The tank is designed for transporting and storing liquids and can hold up to 1000 liters.Often these tanks are installed in the country for watering the garden. Now they have found their use in the construction of sewers;
- argue that the system will work completely without pumping, it is impossible. A simple scheme of the device septic tank allows you to clean the sewer masses to a clean state. Sludge and water are formed during processing. The frequency of pumping water is much less than pumping dirty wastewater from the sump and is performed before the sediment is removed. In addition, recycled water can be watered in the country any plants, and the sediment is used as fertilizer;
- a septic tank scheme involves the use of several interconnected tanks. Usually in the country it is enough to install 2 tanks for the full operation of the system. They are connected by nozzles to move the effluent and set the vent valve. If the septic tank scheme is designed with insulation, then sewage can be used in the winter with high temperatures;
- good tightness and resistance to corrosion of the cube allows you to use the system for a long time without polluting the environment. Without requiring periodic pumping, the operation of the septic tank does without complex maintenance.Tanks can be installed independently without lifting equipment in any soil, regardless of the occurrence of groundwater.
Calculate the capacity of tanks
Having decided on the independent construction of a septic tank, the first step is to calculate the volume of tanks. System performance will depend on this. If you use more capacity than required, no problems will arise. But when the capacity of tanks will be less than the volume of wastewater, the system simply can not cope with their processing.
A simple calculation to make a three-day water consumption in the house of every living person. The fact is that the sewage in the septic tank chambers is processed within 3 days, so the tanks should contain the entire volume of water used during this time.
According to the existing standards, 1 person consumes 200 liters of water per day. So, for three days, 600 liters of waste should flow into the tank. If a family of 3 people lives in the house, then during this time 1800 l of waste water will enter the tank.
The capacity of the Euro Cup is 1000 liters, which means that for a family of 3 people it is enough to install 2 containers. The resulting septic tank with a capacity of 2000 liters will ensure the normal operation of the system, even with a reserve of 200 liters.If the family has more than 3 people, you will need to add a third euro cup, and so on until the required volume is reached.
Independently collect the septic tank of their cubes
Having done all the calculations of the sewer system, proceed to the manufacture of a septic tank:
- Let's say the capacity of our septic tank is 1800 l. This means that you will need 2 eurocubes, 3-5 plastic tees, a check valve and PVC sewer pipes for connecting tanks, connecting a septic tank to the system and venting the ventilation. If people will live in the country all year round, you will need foam plastic to warm the septic tank.
- Prefabricated cubes are equipped with a drain hole. So that they do not leak, before tightening the cap, thread the thread with sealant.
- Plastic tees with a diameter of 110 mm should be placed in both tanks. They do not fit through the neck, so you cut U-shaped cuts from above. Bending a piece of plastic, place the tees inside.
- In the first tank on the side at a distance of 200 mm from the cover cut a hole in the pipe diameter. In it, start the liquid inlet pipe and connect to the tee. To make the pipe easily fit into the tee, grease the O-ring with silicone.Treat the place where the pipe enters the tank with a sealant so that the system does not leak.
- To supply ventilation in the upper walls of the tanks, cut a hole above the place where the tee is located. Insert into the holes of the pipe, connecting the entire ventilation system with tees inside the septic tank. It should be 4-5 ventilation pipes. Insert plugs into each tube. The place of the entrance of the pipes in the container process sealant. During maintenance, the septic tank can be cleaned through ventilation.
- The overflow pipe, through which the liquid will drain from the first tank into the second one, must be installed below the inlet pipe. To do this, in the first tank on the opposite side of the supply pipe, cut a hole 400 mm below the tank lid.
- The second cube will be installed in the septic tank 200 mm below the first. The overflow pipe from the first cube must enter the second tank with an offset of 200 mm. To maintain such a distance when connecting tanks with an overflow pipe, place the first cube on a 200 mm thick stand. Install the second tank near. It will turn out lower than the first.
- Make a hole in the side wall of the second tank for the overflow pipe 200 mm below the lid.With this displacement of the cubes, the holes will turn out on the same level. Insert an overflow pipe into them, connect it with tees, and seal the pipe inlet into the containers. It turned out the design of two eurocubes, installed opposite each other with an offset of 200 mm and interconnected by an overflow pipe.
- It now remains to make the outlet pipe in the second cube. It is mounted similar to the inlet, but slightly lower. To do this, in the opposite wall of the cube from the overflow hole, mount the discharge pipe 400 mm below the tank lid. If the septic tank will consist of 3 Eurocubes, then the discharge nozzle will become overflow, and will be connected to the third tank, installed another 200 mm lower. Then you will install the outlet pipe in the third cube and so on.
- Do not forget that there are U-shaped cuts on top. The stitches must be riveted, treated with sealant and closed with a layer of waterproofing material.
- The septic tank is ready, it remains for the cubes to weld a metal frame of reinforcement in the form of a grid, connecting them into one design.
Installation of finished structures in the ground
To install a self-made septic tank made from eurocubes, you will need a well-designed scheme. Determine the place of installation of the septic tank, draw a plan where you specify the location of all supply and waste pipelines. Now you can start digging the pit and pipe trenches:
- The pit digs large sizes from the septic tank, taking into account that around the structure you will lay a layer of insulation. Arranging the bottom of the pit, pay attention to the location of groundwater. If the water is deep, it is enough to make a sand pillow at the bottom of the pit. At high groundwater levels, the bottom will have to be concreted or laid with a crane can.
- Concreting the bottom by yourself, do not forget to bring a few loops from the reinforcing frame over the concrete. They will be useful to bind the tanks with a cable. This will prevent them from being squeezed out of the ground in the spring while raising the groundwater. If you use a ready-made reinforced concrete plate, then it already has loops for loading. You can attach cubes to them.
- In the finished pit, lower the septic tank so that the inlet and outlet nozzles coincide with the dug trenches.Connect the sewage system, install a check valve on the outlet nozzle to prevent the backward movement of water. It now remains to test the flow of the system, filling the tanks with water. It does not need to merge until you bury the cubes with soil.
- After a successful test, proceed to the weatherization of containers. Overlay side walls and top with polyfoam. The joints are sealed with foam. Cover the septic tank with wooden planks on top of the foam. They will strengthen the structure and protect the foam from deformation.
- For backfilling, make a mixture of 5 parts of sand and 1 part of cement. As backfill ram each layer. From above the septic tank is better to concreted, having created stronger protection.
So, we looked at how to make a septic tank of eurocubes with your own hands, and install it on your site. If everything was done correctly, the system will function smoothly, without requiring systematic pumping. If in the country sandy or sandy sand, you can optionally make filtering fields.