Serving table on wheelsApril 28, 2010
This universal serving table on wheels will be useful everywhere - in the kitchen and in the living room, in the bedroom and on the veranda of a country house. Roomy, but at the same time compact, it has good stability and allows you to comfortably place drinks, food and dishes for serving, cutlery.
Another feature of this table is a folding part, which increases the table top to 110 cm. Pine furniture panels are chosen as the base material, and ordinary plywood is used for the base material. At manufacturing the milling machine by means of which it is possible to round edges or to choose grooves is useful.
For the manufacture of the serving table on wheels you will need the following parts:
- Table top 800x450x28 mm - 1 pc.
- Folding part of the tabletop 450x300x28 mm - 1 pc.
- Lower shelf 782х459х28 mm - 1 pc.
- Side wall 500x300x18 mm - 1 pc.
- Side wall 528х450х18 mm - 1 pc.
- The side wall of the drawer 393x90x18 mm - 4 pcs.
- Swivel stop 120x120x18 mm - 1 pc.
- Front and rear walls of the box 300x90x18 mm - 4 pcs.
- Racks with a diameter of 20x90 mm - 2 pcs.
- Wheel 140x140x18 mm - 2 pcs.
- The bottom of the box 385x280x5 mm - 2 pcs. (plywood).
- Slide rails with a length of 400 mm - 4 pcs.
- Piano plate 32x445 mm - 1 pc.
- Furniture castor 65 mm high - 1 pc.
- Dowels with a diameter of 6x30 mm and 6x40 mm.
- Wooden rolling pin with a diameter of 15x160 mm.
- Board length 40x18x4 mm.
- Dural tube with a diameter of 8x1770 mm.
- Sealing rings (for PVC sewer pipes) - 2 pcs.
Serving table do it yourself
- The table top and the shelf have one 225 mm rounding radius; therefore, they are cut out simultaneously using a milling machine and compass or a jigsaw.
- We perform cutting along the radius several times, increasing the milling depth to a maximum of 5 mm. Then round the edges with a radius of 9.5 mm.
- We cut a hole-handle (diameter 80 mm) in the tabletop using a hole saw or a milling machine with a groove cutter and a copy sleeve.
- The swivel support for the flip-up part of the table is formed with the help of an electric jigsaw from the blank for the side panels of the table.
- We connect the side parts with the table top and the bottom shelf on wooden dowels with glue.To do this, mark up the space under the dowels with a marker and drill holes with the help of the conductor. Before assembly, the parts are ground, and the edges of the side walls are rounded with a radius of 6.35 mm. The side wall with a cutout is attached to the end of the bottom shelf, and then we mount the second sidewall.
- Then we insert a rotary support, and a washer is put on the lower dowel with a diameter of 6 mm.
- We collect boxes on shkanta or thorns like "larkspur". Use the cutter to select the grooves, insert the plywood bottom into them and fasten the telescopic rails to the sides of the drawers.
- Getting to the manufacture of wheels. On their working cylindrical part we make a groove 12 mm wide with the help of a permanently mounted milling machine. In this groove we place and fasten a sealing rubber ring ("tire") on the glue. Dowels with a diameter of 15 mm are glued into the lower shelf of the table to a depth of 40 mm - they will serve as axles for the wheels.
- Mounted on the side walls of the guides for the boxes and drill in the front of the boxes
- Fasten to the folding part of the piano plate in a hidden way, choosing on the edges folds with a depth of 1.5 mm.
- Bend over a duralumin tube with a radius of 200 mm and adjust it in length.
- Fencing together with the racks are inserted into holes 8 mm deep, pre-drilled in the side of the table.