Residency in the 2018-2019 year
Over the past few years, the medical education system has undergone a tremendous amount of change. Recently, the public learned about the abolition of the internship, and today the question of how the residency will change in 2018-2019 is already being discussed. According to the new standards, it is assumed that the physician who graduated from the university will first work as an ordinary therapist. Only then there is an opportunity to pass accreditation, and after it - to become an intern, while receiving a narrow specialization. Today's news about this teaching method causes a lot of controversy around itself, so it’s necessary to discuss this issue in as much detail as possible.
What is residency?
Residency is called the compulsory stage of training of medical workers, which is aimed at obtaining the last certain practical skills necessary for them to conduct high-quality professional activities.
This stage of training is the most important for narrowly specialized medical workers (for example, for transplantologists or dentists), because it is through him that they gain important practical knowledge.
Residency program in medical education in 2018
Changes in Russian health care have been brewing for a long time, and over the past few years, reform has been underway. The latest news in the field of residency is as follows:
- In 2018 the internship is subject to complete elimination.
- After a medical school in 2018, only those who have experience as a therapist will be admitted to the residency.
- Experts suggest that the most difficult in preparation after the university for those doctors who want to become specialists in a particular field, will be accreditation.
- Doctors who have proven experience as a therapist and have passed the following tests will be accredited successfully:
|Stages||Exam Type||Features of preparation|
|Stage 1||Test items||Open access will prepare for responses|
|Stage 2||Exam||A case or other written test of knowledge will also be required.|
|Stage 3||Interview||A conversation with a qualified teacher who has a rank not lower than a doctor of science will help determine the level of training of the applicant.|
The modernization will also affect the training of doctors, changing the nature of postgraduate education.
- Residency in the specialty will take from 1-2 to 5 years.
- Due to the reduction in the number of places in the ordinance, competition in some areas of training will increase.
Such a multifaceted selection is intended to open the door to the residency only to motivated doctors, whose real vocation is medical business. No other way to raise the level of Russian medicine is impossible.
New Residency Act
On May 11, 2017, an order was issued signed by Minister of Health No. 212, in which innovations were identified regarding admission and training in residency.
Classical residency - the practical development of theoretical knowledge, the continuation of university knowledge in the clinic, in "combat conditions", but not independently, but under the guidance of a specialist. The "correct" mentor will acquaint you with the secrets of the profession, present it in all its glory.
Upon completion of the residency and obtaining a certificate, a qualified specialist can exhale and begin an independent ascent to the heights of the profession.
New admission rules
Admission to the residency depends not only on the order number 212, but also on the rules of admission, approved by one or another medical institution.Documents are submitted in July, within a set period of time, usually 20 days.
Sometimes there are exceptions when the deadline for submission of documents is extended to the delight of those potential residents who complete training programs in the magistracy or in the correspondence department of the university.
Where the future intern can earn the coveted points?
- Initially, candidates are awaiting testing, which can be called “60 x 60”, that is, 60 test tasks are proposed to solve in sixty minutes. The list of tasks is generated automatically (using a random sampling method), the basis is the Unified Base of Evaluation Tools.
- His diploma (+100) "adds" and a red diploma, a graduate with the highest marks in the diploma also has more chances to become a resident than his colleague, the owner of a "blue diploma, but red face".
- The same points are given for victories in various olympiads, creative and scientific competitions, high rates in scientific activity during study, for inventions. Scholarships are also +50 points, as well as work experience (up to 3 years and more than 3 years).
A dream can remain a dream, but it can also become a reality, because the road will be mastered by a walking ...
Cost of education
The cost of residency is very expensive - here one year costs the same as three in a regular university.
The price is influenced by many factors:
- Where is the school?
- Selected specialty.
- Qualifications of teachers.
- Fame of the university.
Why is the price high? The answer is simple - after the passage of the target residency the doctor gets the desired narrowly focused specialization.
A narrow specialist with good qualifications will always be able to find a job. For example, open your own narrow-profile clinic or engage in highly profitable private practice.
The cost of training pays off with a vengeance, allowing the doctor to engage in an interesting direction for a stable fee.