Pickled tomatoes for the winter: 7 very tasty recipes for sweet pickled tomatoes
All welcome. Summer is coming to its logical conclusion: the nights are getting cool, and the tops of the trees begin to turn yellow. But for all those who like to cook, the active period of procurement begins. Therefore, if you belong to this category of people, then it's time to marinate a tomato.
Such preservation combines the benefits of vitamins and the fact that the fruits do not lose their qualities even after heat treatment. Today's article will introduce you to classic tomato pickling recipes. The preparation methods do not differ much, but there are still some nuances, and adding different spices will allow you to get a new and bright taste.
Of course, any business has its own secrets, which I will now briefly tell you:
- Tomatoes should be taken with a thick flesh and thick skin.
- Tomato-cream is considered the best variety for pickling, as well as other varieties, such as cherry tomatoes or even green tomatoes.
- But for preservation, always use one variety.
- If the fruits are large, then pierce them in several places with a toothpick, or you can pickle them in slices.
If you are engaged in preservation, do not forget to make pickles. In winter, this appetizer is very relevant.
Delicious and sweet pickled tomatoes for the winter in one-liter jars
Now let's get down to the process. The first cooking option is the easiest and makes up the base of pickling vegetables. So you can safely use it!
Well, the course of action is simple: put tomatoes in, filled with spicy marinade, added spices and some sugar, corked and sent to storage. Everything is elementary)!
- Tomatoes - 1.7-2.1 kg;
- Water - 1.5 liters;
- Salt - 1 tbsp. spoon with a slide;
- Sugar - 1 tbsp .;
- Vinegar 9% - 100 ml;
- Bay leaf - 2-3 sheets;
- Black peppercorns - 5-7 peas.
1. Selection of tomatoes: select ripe and whole fruits without marriage. Wash and dry the vegetables. Pierce the tomatoes 1-2 times with a fork at the base before lowering the tomatoes into the jar.
Due to this procedure, the tomatoes in the process of work will not burst from the temperature drop, and the marinade will saturate the whole fruit much better.
2. Fill clean liter jars with prepared tomatoes and gently pour boiling water on it. Cover with lids.
3. Leave the blanks in this condition for 5-10 minutes.
4. After the elapsed time, pour the water into the pan, in which we will further make the marinade.
5. Now add salt to the water.
6. Then sugar.
7. Put bay leaf and peppercorns.
8. Put the marinade on the stove and bring to a boil, periodically stir the contents until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
9. Next, turn off the heat and pour in the vinegar. Pour marinade jars and tighten the lids.
10. Turn the jars down on the covers and wrap with a blanket.
11. Leave to cool completely, then store in a cool and dark place for storage.
You will have these jars for tacking, because you can eat all the vegetables at once.
Recipe for Pickling Tomato with Citric Acid
And in this technology, instead of vinegar, I propose to use citric acid, which also allows you to save the workpiece for a long time.Also for the aroma add mustard, and for the sharpness chili pepper.
- Tomatoes - 1.3-1.5 kg;
- Dill - 2-3 sprigs;
- Garlic - 2-4 cloves;
- Chili pepper - 0.5 pcs .;
- Allspice - 5-6 pcs .;
- Bay leaf - 3-5 pcs .;
- Mustard (seeds) - 1 tsp;
- Salt - 1.5 Art. spoons;
- Sugar - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- Citric acid - 1 tsp;
- Water - 1.5 liters.
1. Prepare a can, it should be clean and dry. Put in it the washed dill, peeled garlic cloves, chopped chili peppers. Next, tightly fill it with tight and clean tomatoes.
Tomatoes must be free of damage, spoiled and dense.
2. Now fill the can with boiling water and cover with a lid, leave for 8 minutes. Then drain the water into the sink, and fill the workpiece with fresh boiling water, cover again and leave, but for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, drain the water again.
3. Next you need to cook the marinade. To do this, pour pure water into the saucepan and bring it to a boil, add salt and sugar, add mustard seeds, bay leaf and peppercorns. Boil the liquid for 4 minutes.
4. In a jar of tomatoes, pour citric acid.
5. And then pour boiling marinade and immediately roll up the preservation. Turn upside down and wrap with a towel.
6. After cooling, remove the jar in the cellar or pantry.
How to cook tomatoes with carrot leaves for the winter
In addition to the usual set of spices and herbs, you can add carrot tops, it is quite fragrant. Therefore, preservation with it turns out very tasty, just do not overdo it, everything should be in moderation.
- Tomatoes - 2 kg;
- Carrot tops - 150 gr .;
- Bay leaves - 2-4;
- Peppermint - 10 pcs .;
- Carnation - 6 pcs .;
- Water - 2 l;
- Sugar - 4 tbsp. spoons;
- Salt - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- Vinegar 6% - 100 ml.
1. Choose ripe tomatoes with dense pulp. Fruits should not be damaged.
Immediately before marinating, soak vegetables in cold water, rinse and dry.
2. Take carrot tops, rinse it under running water and dry.
Carrot tops need fresh, straight from the garden. If you bought it on the market, then first soak the herbs in cold water.
3. Prepare the jars. Rinse them in baking soda solution and rinse with boiled water. Then put the glass in the oven and dry them at 120 degrees. Boil the lids for a few minutes.
In sterile jars, put the spices: bay leaf, cloves and black pepper peas.
4. Now cook the marinade.Pour water into a saucepan, add sugar and salt. Bring the liquid to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Pour in the vinegar and remove the pan from the heat.
5. In a jar, place a couple of tomatoes, then put the twigs of the tops, then again the twig tomatoes. So fill the containers to the top. Fill all with boiling water so that the fruit is completely covered with liquid. Cover and leave for 5-8 minutes.
6. Carefully drain the water and fill the jars with hot marinade. Put them in a large saucepan with hot water (40 degrees) and cover with lids. Heat the water to 85 degrees and sterilize the workpiece within 15 minutes for half-liter cans, and within 20 minutes for liter.
7. After sterilization, tightly screw the jars with lids and leave to cool at room temperature. Next, remove to storage space.
From this amount of ingredients comes out 2 jars with a capacity of 1 liter.
Marinate green tomatoes with garlic according to the most delicious recipe
If you want to experiment, then use the following technology. True, if you want to get sweet tomatoes, then do not add bitter pepper.
I really like this version of marinating, it turns out an excellent snack.
- Green tomatoes - 3 kg;
- Garlic - 1 head;
- Bitter pepper - 2 pods;
- Water - 10 st .;
- Vinegar 9% - 1 tbsp .;
- Sugar - 1.5 tbsp .;
- Salt - 2.5 st. spoons;
- Bay leaf - 7-9;
- Allspice (peas) - 2 tsp;
- Clove - 1 tsp;
- Dill (umbrella) - 6 pcs .;
- Parsley - to taste.
1. Wash tomatoes well and make shallow cuts on each side. Next, peel the garlic and cut it into plates. Cut bitter pepper into pieces. Now put a couple of plates of garlic and a piece of pepper into the cut of each tomato.
2. Put the dill and parsley in clean and dry jars on the bottom. Next, fill the containers with “stuffed” fruits.
3. Pour water into a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Add sugar, salt, allspice and cloves, boil marinade for 5-7 minutes. Then turn off the heat and pour in the vinegar. Fill the jars with the resulting marinade, cover with lids and sterilize in a pan of boiling water.
4. Roll up the banks and wrap a blanket. Cool and store in a dark and cool place.
Marinated Tomatoes with Honey
Now I suggest to have a little fun and watch the video plot. In it, the author suggests adding honey to the marinade, a very interesting solution. I honestly never did, and you? They say that it turns out very tasty pickle, and the fruits themselves are canceled. I think this year we need to make a couple of jars.
So, for a 3 liter jar you will need: an average of 1 kg of tomatoes; dill 10 grams; bay leaf 3 pcs .; apple cider vinegar 6% 70 ml; allspice, as well as black, cloves to taste; garlic peeled 3 cloves; salt, sugar 1 tbsp. spoon; water 1.2-1.3 liters; honey 50 grams.
The most delicious marinade for tomatoes in 1 liter of water
In fact, such a winter billet is very convenient to do in liter jars. After all, it is convenient to work with such containers. And further convenient to use.
According to the following recipe, it turns out very beautiful in color pickle, and the vegetables that are present in the composition can then either be eaten or added to borscht.
- Bulb onions—;
- Garlic—4 teeth;
- Bay leaf—;
- Black Pepper Peas—;
- Sugar—1 tbsp. a spoon;
- —2 tbsp. spoons;
- Vinegar—50 ml.;
- Buriak - 0.5 pcs .;
- Leaves of horseradish, cherry, parsley, celery, dill - at will and taste.
1. Choose a good and ripe fruit, without scratches and damage, preferably dense on the pulp.
2. At the bottom of clean and dry cans lay horseradish leaves, cherries, parsley and celery, fennel inflorescences.
3. Now wash the tomatoes and place them in jars, while between the fruits, lay the chopped onion, garlic and beetroot, carrots.
4. Next, pour sugar into the jars.
5. Then salt.
6. Also add black peppercorns and bay leaves.
7. Pour clean water into the pot, put it on the fire and wait for it to boil. When the water boils in the jars, pour in the vinegar, and then gently and gradually fill the containers with boiling water.
8. Then cover the jars with lids and sterilize.
9. After sterilization, roll up the preservation and turn it down onto the covers.
10. Wrap blanks in a blanket, cool and store in the cellar or pantry.
To prepare the marinade for 1 liter of water, reduce the number of ingredients by 1 time. Since this recipe indicates the amount per 3 liter jar.
Video on how to prepare sweet tomatoes for the winter without sterilization
It turns out these vegetables can also be saved for future use without sterilization. And do not worry, such recipes are checked repeatedly. They are well kept, do not grow cloudy and do not explode.
Agree, it is impossible to imagine a single Russian table without pickled tomatoes. To taste, they are perfect: and sweet, and a little sour, and break away from them is unrealistic. And the recipes are all simple, so do not be afraid of conservation, because the resulting snack will always be in place on a typical day, and at a festive event.