How to treat poisoning?
Food poisoning can be of two types: bacterial and non-bacterial. Bacterial poisoning is caused by microbes from the group of E. coli and salmonella, mainly found in meat products and eggs (goose, duck).
The second is due to fault:
- fungi and plants containing poisonous substances;
- some species of fish;
- chemical substances (mercury, chlorine, carbon monoxide);
- alcohol. More information about this type of poisoning is described in the article What to do when alcohol poisoning.
How to treat food poisoning
The first questions for poisoning, how to treat and how to treat. On this account, there are recommendations of physicians. If you have determined that it was poisoning, then you should immediately begin to treat
If you get into the stomach, poisonous toxins beginabsorbed into the blood, so you need to stop this process and clean up. To do this, prepare 1.5-2 liters of a weak solution of manganese (potassium permanganate) or baking soda and drink in full. Then you need to induce vomiting (for this, the root of the tongue is pressed with two fingers). Rinse the stomach in this way until the appearance of "clean water".
If nausea and vomiting appear spontaneously,then you need to drink plenty of fluids to clear the stomach and prevent dehydration. As a drink, you should choose ordinary water or special pharmacy products that promote the restoration of water-salt metabolism, for example, "Regidron".
In severe cases of intoxication, with prolonged and severe vomiting, with pain, fever and general deterioration of the condition, the patient should be immediately hospitalized.
At the first signs of poisoning, if there is no nausea and vomiting, you can take the following medications:
- Activated carbon. It is required to take at once all 10 tablets from a pack. The drug adsorbs toxins and removes them from the body;
- "Enterosgel", "Smecta", "Polysorb". These drugs correct dysbacteriosis, absorb and remove toxic substances, and restore mucous membranes;
- "No-shpa." Will help to relieve spasms in intestinal colic;
- "Intetrix" or "Entoban". The first assistants with intestinal intoxication, the culprit is the E. coli. This bactericidal drug quickly copes with microorganisms, but has contraindications: it can not be used for children and pregnant women;
- "Linex". If normal intestinal microflora is disturbed, which is often observed during poisoning, it can be restored by taking this medication. In its composition, this drug contains bifidobacteria, lactobacilli, enterococcus.
All these methods are effective in situations withan intoxication of an organism of weak and average gravity when it is possible to consult by own strength or to help the victim before arrival of first aid. In all other cases, people are urgently taken to the hospital under the supervision of doctors, especially when there are signs of severe poisoning:
- profuse vomiting;
- liquid stool with mucus and even blood;
- increased pressure;
- frequent pulse;
- double vision in the eyes;
- loss of consciousness, etc.
Than to treat a poisoning
The child has
Treatment in children is complicated by the fact that not allmethods for first aid in case of poisoning to them are applicable. Vomit small children (3-5 years old) simply are not able to, they are rinsing the stomach exclusively in the hospital with a probe.
If the child has spontaneous vomiting, thenYou need to ensure that he does not choke. We need to put him on his knees, the child's head is tipped down over the basin (samples of vomit will help determine the toxin).
If the child's age allows him to rinse himstomach, or purification occurred independently, to reduce the concentration of toxins in the body can give him enterosorbents in a strictly prescribed dosage. It is better if it is a suspension, if the tablets - they must be crushed.
It is important to give plenty of fluids to the baby. Drink a little, but often, preferably, every 10-15 minutes. All these measures are aimed at alleviating the condition of the child before the arrival of an ambulance or a pediatrician, whom the baby should be shown in any case.
When a child feels better and to himthe appetite will return, it needs to be fed in small portions, with liquid or semi-liquid food. Diet of the first day by volume is half the daily norm, and a single portion does not exceed 50 ml. More details this topic is described in the article What is at the poisoning.
At the pregnant woman
If the poisoning occurred during pregnancy,a woman should see the doctor, because her condition can worsen, which will negatively affect the fetus. As a first aid, methods can be used here, as in the treatment of poisoning in children. However, the risks for a pregnant woman are too great to engage in self-medication:
- spasms during vomiting can provoke miscarriage;
- toxins through the blood get to the fetus;
- taking medication without the knowledge of a supervising doctor is contraindicated.
The best thing a pregnant woman can do is to seek help from a medical institution. For more information, see What to do when poisoning.