How to sew a hat?
In the shop windows you can see hundreds of hatsfor every taste. But this accessory can be easily done by yourself. The process does not take much time, and the pleasure of the result will not be long in coming. In addition, you can choose which hat will end up: modest or playful, strict or fun. The choice of color, material and style is yours, so it only remains to learn how to sew a hat correctly. We need:
- Roulette or measuring tape.
- Paper for the pattern.
- Decorative fabric.
- Lining fabric.
- A chalk or a slice of soap.
If you are going to decorate a ready hat, thentake care of the necessary details - beads, ribbons, appliqués. You may also need an iron to smooth or steam off the stiff fabric after the parts have been sewn.
Begin with Patterns
First of all, you need to build a pattern of the future hat. It is the foundation for the home, and the end result depends on it, so seriously take this step.
- We take a measuring tape and measure the circumference of the head. Measure the circle in a certain place. Determine the line where the joint of the fields with the main part of the hat will pass. There and you need to take measurements.
- Now we draw three circles, from which, in the end, the necessary details will be obtained:
- Circle # 1: The size of this circle should be less than the circumference of the head by 4-5 centimeters.
- Circle # 2: Step back from the previous circle of 3-4 centimeters and draw a new circle.
- Circle # 3: Determine the desired width of the fields of your future hat. Circle 3 should differ from circle No. 2 by the width of the fields.
- On circle # 2, we note the resulting circle sizehead and draw the vertical lines to circle # 3. The resulting lines are cut lines, they will be needed later. It remains to build the last detail of the hat. To do this, you need to determine the depth of the future hat. You can put a book on your head and measure the distance from it to your temples. This will be the required depth.
- Draw a circle that is greater than circle # 1 by a distance equal to the depth of the hat. The last detail is ready.
- After you have drawn all the details, theirCarefully cut out of paper and attach to the fabric. Prikolite patterns with needles to the underside of the fabric and circle a piece of soap or chalk. Add 1 cm and cut out all the details.
If you chose a fabric with a pattern, then pay attention to the location of the parts. Cut according to the direction of the picture.
Staple the parts
Half done, but not yetsay that you know how to sew a hat with your own hands, because you still need to sew details. First of all, we sew the fields of the hat to the tunic (it has the depth of the hat). And then we sew the bottom of the hat. Thus, the outside of our accessory is ready.
We make the lining
It remains only to make the inside of the hat. To do this, we cut out three pieces of lining fabric from the ready-made patterns and sew them together. Then sew the finished design to the wrong side of the hat.
That's all, now you know how to sew a hat withfields on your own sketch without much effort. Now you can enjoy the result in the mirror. Ready-made headdress can be decorated with embroidery or ribbon - it all depends on your imagination. For sure, on one hat you will not stop.