How to remove the lining of the driver's door?
Watch the video
If you have a dirty car door trimor has completely become unusable, it is necessary to replace it. For this, it is necessary to disassemble the door. Let's consider in detail how to remove the lining of the driver's door.
You will need the following tools:
- slotted screwdriver and cross screwdriver;
- puller of pistons (universal key for door trim removal);
- key x8, x10.
This type of work is not very time consuming and does not require certain skills. The following algorithm of actions is described:
- Fit the door handle trim (insert a thin screwdriver into the special recess in the bottom of the handle cover) and remove it from the handle.
- Remove the 2 screws under the handle trim.
- Remove the screw at the bottom of the door trim (you can see it if you carefully inspect the paneling at the bottom).
- Now the cladding is held only by clips on the sides andfrom below. It is necessary to take them with a puller of pistons or a slotted screwdriver, covered with a rag, so as not to spoil the coating, and pull to make a click.
- Raise the upholstery, release it (the upper edge of the door skin is inserted from above into the seal, and the seal is already in the door).
- Remove connectors from the window regulator button, gaskets and backlight. The door trim is removed.
Now you know how to change the door skin in-house.