How to remove postpartum crusts on the head in infants and adult children: advice from Dr. Komarovsky
Any skin condition that is abnormal is a concern. Crusts on babies' heads are a normal condition. Despite this, many parents want to get rid of them as soon as possible so as not to spoil the aesthetic appearance of the child.
The main thing in the article
Crusts on the head of a newborn: norm or disease?
Postpartum crusts on the head of a newborn do not pose a threat and are not a disease. This is a kind of dandruff associated with the work of the sebaceous glands of the newborn. On the baby’s head, their localization affects the forehead and parietal lobe. By color can beyellow, brownish and transparent. Not normal crusts that appear after the removal of generic. The reasons may be:
- Constant wearing hats.
- Allergies to frequent shampooing or shampooing in general.
- Over dried skin.
To answer the question of whether the crust disease or the norm, can only a doctor. If it turned out that this is an allergy, visit an allergist. He will tell you what to do next.
Where do the crusts on the head of newborns come from?
On the scalp scalp much more sebaceous glands than adults. Their active work leads to the appearance of crusts. In a newborn baby, yellow crusts appear some time after birth and gradually disappear. Also, the crusts may eventually appear if the baby’s skin is too dry or the baby is allergic to shampoo.
Do I need to remove the crusts on the head in infants?
Pediatricians do not insist on the mandatory removal of crusts. Harm they do not carry and may eventually disappear themselves. But in order to give the child an aesthetic look, it is possible with the help of certain means and methods to remove the birth crusts from the head. To begin, visit your pediatrician to confirm that the crusts are postpartum.
How to remove the crusts on the head of the baby?
In order to get rid of the crusts, you will need:
- vegetable or special baby oil;
- cotton hat
How to remove crusts:
- Spread with cooled vegetable oil or ordinary baby oil where there are crusts.
- Put a hat made of cotton to the child on the head and leave the baby in it for a couple of hours.
- After two hours, wash the baby's head, gently massaging.
Mechanically removing the crusts on the baby’s head
To remove crusts mechanically, such manipulations are necessary:
- Lubricate problem areas with baby oil.
- Wait half an hour.
- Carefully remove the crusts with a baby comb. Do not overdo it, the skin of the baby is tender and vulnerable!
- If you are afraid to manipulate the comb, a terry towel will come to the rescue. Gently massage their baby’s scalp.
- Use soft baby shampoo to wash the oil with loose crusts off your hair.
- After bathing, re-run with a comb or a towel over the problem areas.
The procedure for removing crusts is recommended to perform no more than twice a week.
The main thing - feel the measure! Do not rub the towel too hard and do not scrub too comb.Tune in to the fact that this process is gradual. You will get rid of the crusts, but not in a couple of procedures, so be patient.
Shampoos for removing crusts on the head
The market for children's products allows you to find a huge number of varieties of shampoos for children. Let us dwell on popular and effective shampoos that help in the fight against crusts:
- Mustela Foam Shampoo- does not sting the eyes and helps remove crusts;
- Chicco Shampoo- quickly removes the aesthetic problem;
- Emulsion Oilatum (Oilatum)- recommended by pediatricians for problem skin.
Special means for removing milk crusts in newborns
To remove milk crusts in babies, fit:
Exfoliating creams and gels:
- Mustela- cream with a light texture that does not leave a greasy crust;
- our mother- domestic tool that helps in the fight against crusts;
- Histomer Osmin Cap- children's cream for careful removal of crusts.
- Baby born- hypoallergenic oil with a convenient spray. The composition contains almond oil, sea buckthorn, calendula and grape oil, enriched with vitamin E.
- Johnsons baby- high-quality oil for your children.
- Mustela- high-quality French shampoo for fighting crusts;
- Chicco- Italian shampoo for children;
- Uriage- French emulsion for getting rid of seborrheic crusts.
Dr. Komarovsky about the crusts on the head of a child
The famous pediatrician Komarovsky believes that crusts are an age feature of children. The process of combing or getting rid of them is not mandatory. The doctor claims that no hygienic product ideally removes milky crusts.
He advises using a softening oil and a scallop with blunt teeth. If a child has long hair, the process will be problematic. Crusts really comb, if you cut the child shorter. In the event that a baby is not included in your plans, it is quite possible to wait for the moment when the crusts themselves will pass.
The child has a year and more, and he has crusts on his head
If you did not remove the crusts, and they stayed with a child who turned one year old - visit a doctor. Let him confirm that this is not a disease, but really milk crusts.
- A child older than one year old can have a crust on the head and a manifestation of skin dermatitis.This disease is an inflammatory process involving the sebaceous glands.
- Scabies also causes a fungus that settles on the scalp. In this case, treatment is required.
- In the case of ordinary crusts, they can be removed with the help of oil or other special cosmetics. The main problem is that the child has a longer hair per year and combing the crusts is problematic.
Crusts on the head of an adult child: why appear and how to heal?
Crusts in babies are normal and do not cause panic. What can not be said about the crusts on the head of an adult child. Be sure to visit the doctor who will identify the disease and prompt the correct treatment. Crusts on the head in an adult child can cause:
- Seborrhea of the scalp - appears due to the fact that the normal activity of the sebaceous glands is disturbed.
- Allergy - the body's sensitivity to certain foods, means of individual care, medication.
- Fungal diseases - the defeat of skin areas with a certain type of fungus.
Treatment can only be prescribed by a doctor after testing:
- If the skin is affected by a fungus, an antimycotic drug will be prescribed.
- For allergic dermatitis, antihistamines must be treated.
- When seborrhea should use special therapeutic shampoos.
Prevention of the appearance of crusts on the head in children
In order to prevent the reappearance of crusts on the head of the crumbs, you need:
- Maintain normal temperature and humidity in the room;
- Do not overheat the child;
- Wash the child with bathing supplies no more than twice a week.
Video: removing crusts on the head of a child
No matter how quickly I want to get rid of the annoying and spoiling crusts, the main thing is not to harm children's skin. In the future, pay attention to the prevention of dermatitis. Choose high-quality shampoos, avoid frequent washing of the head, do not overdry the skin of the child. Subject to all rules, the skin of the child will be clean and beautiful.