How to remove page numbering?
Surely, everyone who wrote in the program Wordabstracts or term papers, knows how to put page numbers. But, does everyone know how to remove the numbering of pages? After all, there are no special buttons for this in the main menu, and creating a new file, copying / transferring information is an extra waste of time and effort. So, further we will consider, how in different versions of the text editor Word to remove numbering of pages.
Microsoft Word 2003
- If you numbered pages with the function"Page numbers" in the "Insert" menu, you need to click on the page number (it can be on the top or bottom, depending on the specified parameters). After the frame appears around the digit, you need to click on it and press the "Delete" key on the keyboard.
- Find the "Header and Footer" command in the "View" menu. Among the appeared footers (the dotted frame) select the one in which your numbering is located. Click on the page number and the "Delete" key. Then simply close the toolbar that appeared first.
- It may be that the numbering will not be deleted from all sections (if any) immediately. In this case, you will have to repeat the procedure for each section separately.
- In order to delete the numbering on the first page of the document, tick off the "number on the first page" in the "Page numbers" tab, the "Insert" menu.
Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010
In newer versions of the editor, page numbering is much easier and faster. To do this, just press one button.
- In the "Headers and Footers" group on the "Insert" tab, select the "Page number" command and click on the "Delete page numbers" item in the list that appears.
The algorithm described for the 2003 version is also suitable:
- To delete the first page number in theversion of 2007, you must open the "Page layout" tab and select "Page settings". In the window that opens, click on the "Page Source" tab and select the checkbox next to the line "Differentiate the header and footer of the first page".
How to remove the page numbering in Word 2010 wefound out, but many are interested in the question concerning only the first page, so how to delete the first page numbering? Go to the first page and double-click on the page number. The tab "Working with Headers and Footers" opens, in which you just need to tick the "Special header for the first page" line.