How to make strings in a Word?
Ms Word is a universal text editor, inwhich is convenient not only to record information, but also to prepare it for printing. Moreover, in the Word it is possible to compose various kinds of forms and official documents. In this regard, you should know several ways how to make strings in order to make it look neat and convenient.
Working with text lines
- Let's start with the elementary: To go to a new line, press the "Enter" key. If you do not do this, the editor will automatically move the word that did not fit in the previous line;
- There is also a distance between the lines. By default, the value of the line spacing is 1.15. If necessary, you can change the value of the line spacing using the special button on the Home tab. The button looks like several horizontal lines with up and down arrows. Before clicking on this button you should select the text fragment that needs to change the interval between the lines. For example, the standard interlacing for student work is 1.5;
- You can also align the position of the rowsrelative to the sheet. To do this, you must use one of the buttons in the "Home" tab of the "Paragraph" section. The options are: "Left Alignment", "Center Alignment", "Align Right", "Align to width.
These are the basic settings for text strings in MS Word.
Creating lines as lines
Horizontal lines are generally usedwhen creating forms, when it is implied that a person will enter something by hand. There are several ways to create horizontal lines in a Word:
- The quickest way - in the right place a fewonce click "Enter", and then select the resulting space and click "Internal horizontal border" in the drop-down list of table boundaries in the "Home" menu. Thus, you will get a table in which only the lines between the lines will be visible. The distance between these lines can also be adjusted using the "Line spacing";
- Another way is much more labor-intensive and lesspractical. It involves the insertion of a figure such as "Line". You can insert as many lines as you like. To do this, you need to go to the "Insert" tab and there in the "Illustrations" field open the drop-down list of the "Shapes" button. The "Line" element is in the uppermost row.
Rows in the table
Very often when working with tables, it becomes necessary to add lines. In the Word, you can do it quite simply and quickly. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- The easiest way is to put the cursor on the right border of that line, after which you need to add another line, and press "Enter";
- On the "Working with tables" tab in the "Layout" mode, you can use the "Insert from below" or "Paste on top" button;
- On the "Working with tables" tab in the "Designer" mode, you can also click the "Draw a table" button and draw as many lines inside or outside the table as you need in Pencil.