How to make a corner rack for an atticJanuary 3, 2010
The attic was not originally intended for housing, but now it is increasingly being used as a bedroom. However, because of the sloping walls, it is difficult to place furniture here. And the light in the attic is not enough. We offer an interesting solution to these problems - to build shelves with your own hands and make a hidden lighting.
Any rack is a bookcase that is attached to the wall. We offer shelving, shelves, which will be mounted on the uneven bars, which will be the front side of the rack. The depth of the structure depends on the angle of inclination of the roof and the height of the rack itself. On the mounting adapter blocks will be mounted upper strap. For the guide curtain fabric on the pads, we suggest to fasten aluminum corners.
The main task in the construction of the rack, the exact calculation of the angle of inclination. For this we will make a piece. We will measure the angle of inclination of the roof, with the help of a meter and a geological triangle, then transfer this angle from paper to a wooden bar, cut it at the right angle and get a piece.
Now let's start the manufacture of the rack itself.
- With the help of the piece and the level that is attached to it, we mark on the bevel the place of attachment of the trailing edge of the guide.
- On the side of the triangular transition block, mark the rear edge of the curtain door guide. To get the mounting location of the adapter, we reduce this label with a label on the wall.
- We connect the guides with the angular profile, the place of its attachment is marked with a mark.
- With the help of long screws and dowels we fix the block in the marked place. The hole for the screw must be drilled in advance.
- Now you need to attach the curtain rail guide to the mounting adapter. We fix the upper bar using double-sided tape.
- Next, you need to fasten the cloth curtain on special sliders, which are suspended in the slotted guide.
Our rack is ready. It now remains to build fixtures. They are installed on the walls behind the curtains.