How to go on a visit?
Everyone walks to visit, but not everyonethinks about how to do it right. But even in this area there are special features of etiquette that will help to understand how to go to visit and make sure that you are welcome in any house.
If you are going to a visit not by invitation, buton their own initiative, the owners of the house must be warned in advance. Fortunately, today it can be done without difficulty, for example, by contacting them by phone or by e-mail. It is necessary not to put the owner before the fact, but to clarify whether he will be able to accept you and when he is ready to do it.
If for any reason you have to cancel the visit, try to warn the hosts as early as possible and do not forget to apologize at the same time.
Punctuality and sense of tact
At any place you need to arrive on time, even ifyou are going to the closest people who will calmly react to being late. If for some reason you have to stay, be sure to warn the waiting.
When and how to visit, how much time to spend it? In this matter, you need to be guided by a sense of courtesy and tact.
- They do not go to guests early in the morning or, conversely, late at night. The ideal time is an evening on weekdays and afternoon hours on weekends.
- In the case of a friendly dinner, it is best to leave the house no later than 22-24 hours.
- If you were invited to a holiday, try to leave together with the main stream of guests.
- Business conversation or another formal visit should not be delayed for a period longer than 2 hours. In most cases, this is quite enough for a quarter of an hour.
- The visit should not be shorter than 15-20 minutes, even if you "just ran to say hello".
- Pre-holiday days are not the best time for spontaneous visits.
If the owners have invited only you, it is not necessarybring with them third parties - colleagues, friends and acquaintances. There are exceptions, for example, if you do not have someone to leave your child with or suddenly come across relatives. But such a "group" visit should not be a surprise for the hosts. Under no circumstances do you need to take animals with you.
Do not empty-handed
It was always believed that visiting someone's house costs froma small presentation, which does not have to be expensive. Wonderful bottle of wine, chocolate or a modest bouquet for the hostess. If the house has small children, you can buy something for them, for example, a small toy or sweets.
By observing these simple rules, you can easily become a welcome guest in any home. We also recommend that you read the article How to behave as a guest.