How to disassemble the tap?
Each host wants to own information, likedisassemble the faucet in the kitchen. In this article we will try to understand how this is done. When you peer into the water tap in the kitchen, it does not have a single screw or bolt. We learn how to disassemble a water tap? In this case, we take into account several nuances.
Many often confuse mixing ball valves withball trunking. And the main cranes are used to block water in the mains or its branches, and the modern ball-type mainline crane is non-separable.
The most common in our time tap: single-lever. This mixer can be designed with a ball or ceramic cartridge with a flat-fit plate in the casing. The advantage of ceramic is the ease of replacement.
Both variants of cranes fail when solid, large particles enter. Given this, it is necessary to have a screen filter at the inlet of cold and hot water in the apartment.
The two-valve mixer is more common formany of us. The crane has two handles - hot and cold water. All the valves come with two valves (crane-boxes). Water is blocked by a rubber or paronit gasket. A modern version has a pricked ceramic disc. This should be taken into account if you have to dismantle the ball valve and eliminate leakage in it.
Due to the numerous replacements of the pads and drones, the first option is not so popular. In addition, very often the tap is torn off the tap, trying to tighten it tightly.
Replacing the cartridge
If the tap with the cartridge started to flow, then it's not the gasket, but the solid particles getting into the ceramic plates or the cracked cartridge case. This will require its replacement.
- We remove the decorative lining on the handle of the lever using a flat screwdriver. Underneath them is a screw securing the crane handle.
- Unscrew the screw inside and remove the handle. The screws can be different, for a screwdriver or a thin hexagonal key.
- Unscrew under the handle a decorative nut that connects the cartridge to the body.
- We unscrew the cartridge clamping nut. To do this, take the hexagonal wrench or a wrench of the appropriate size. These nuts are quite fragile, on sale there is a spare reinforced version.
- Then we remove the cartridge, stirring the lever, check the condition of the plate, inspect the O-ring and the housing. If necessary, change the cartridge.
- Assemble in the reverse order, lubricating all the compounds with petroleum jelly.
Dismantling the mixer
The very device of the ball valve is similar to a tap with a cartridge. In order to learn how to disassemble the crane of this design, proceed as follows:
- Close the shut-off valve with hot and cold water.
- Loosen the screw holding the handle. Perhaps this will require a small hexahedron.
- Remove the handle from the rod, which sticks out of the ball.
- Threaded rings with four notchesunscrew the screwdriver. In the absence of special keys - press on the notch with a screwdriver, lightly knocking the hammer on the screwdriver. The rings are neatly untwisted counter-clockwise so as not to break the flexible hose under the tap.
- We develop a chrome-dome. We draw attention to the fact that the rings with 4 notches are removed together with the dome. The tightening of this thread regulates the degree of flow of the crane.
- We take out the plastic shield. It consists of two parts: milk and black. If the conical form is damaged or there is a deposit in the form of rust - leakage is possible. Removal of all sediments, will ensure operability before servicing.
- We take the ball straight up. Above the ball is a bounding hole. It specifies the turning radius of the handle. We inspect the ball for contamination and cleavage of the coating. If the coating is damaged, we change the sphere.
Stock with the ball
- From the bottom of the ball there is a black seal, under the elastic there is a spring. Make sure it works.
- Before assembling, all seals should be greased with hermetic grease.
Council. At the present time, sealing with oil paint and a stale is outdated. The reason may be the difficulty of dismantling, if in a few years you decide to disassemble the faucet in the bathroom, for example. It is better to use a fluoroplastic tape (fum-tape), which is now sold everywhere.