How to cut snowflakes?
Watch the video
Cutting snowflakes - New Year's Eve,loved by us all from childhood. But not everyone knows how many ways there are to cut out a beautiful and original snowflake with your own hands. In this article we will tell you how to cut out snowflakes correctly and not only to cut out, but in general how to make absolutely different kinds of snowflakes.
First, let's introduce you to how to cut out simple snowflakes from paper. The general scheme of manufacturing is as follows:
- A square sheet of paper is folded diagonally twice.
- This results in an isosceles triangle.
- Then you add both edges of the triangle to the middle in such a way that an acute angle is formed at the top and two corners from below.
- Lower corners must be cut off.
The following are the possible cutting options:
Video how to cut snowflakes (the easiest way)
Amytree) - making compositions from twisted long and narrow strips of paper.
This snowflake (see photo by reference) consists of 13 paper strips of 4 inches (about 10 cm) each.
The simplest version of quilling - without using special tools - is to twist the strips with your hands.
- It is necessary to bend one end of the strip and twist the strip into a tight spiral.
- Then you need to insert a spiral into a small round hole (ruler, etc.) A freer spiral will be obtained.
- Further on the tip of the spiral you need to drop a little glue. Thus, you will have a workpiece - the middle for the future snowflake. In total, we need 13 such blanks.
- To make a workpiece in the form of a petal, simply squeeze the workpiece-circle with your fingers on both sides. This has to be done with six blanks.
- The remaining six strips bend in half and glue from the fold to the middle, the ends twist in different directions. (see photo by reference)
- Now gently glue the blanks together.
We have given you a lot of schemes,how to cut beautiful snowflakes, but you can try your hand at more difficult options. In quilling, as in all the other methods of making snowflakes, there are no limits to your imagination!