How to convert a decimal into an ordinary fraction?
The decimal fraction consists of two parts, whichseparated by commas. The first part is a whole unit, the second part is dozens (if the number after the comma is one), hundreds (two numbers after the comma, as two zeros in a hundred), thousandths, etc. Let's look at examples of decimal fractions: 0, 2; 7, 54; 235,448; 5.1; 6.32; 0.5. All these are decimals. How to convert a decimal into an ordinary fraction?
We have a fraction, for example, 0.5. As already mentioned above, it consists of two parts. The first number 0, shows how many whole units in the fraction. In our case, they are not. The second number shows dozens. The fraction is even read zero zero five tenths.Decimal numbertransfer to a rollnow it will not be difficult, we write 5/10. If you see that the numbers have a common divisor, you can shorten the fraction. At us this number 5, having divided both parts of a fraction on 5, we receive - 1/2.
Example of the second
Let's take a more complex fraction - 2.25. It reads like this - two whole and twenty-five hundredths. Note - hundredths, since the numbers after the decimal point are two. Now you can translate into a normal fraction. We record - 2 25/100. The whole part is 2, fractional is 25/100. As in the first example, this part can be shortened. The common divisor for the digits 25 and 100 is the number 25. Note that we always choose the greatest common divisor. Dividing both parts of the fraction by GCD, we obtained 1/4. So, 2, 25 is 2 1/4.
And to fix the material, take the decimalfraction 4,112 - four whole and one hundred and twelve thousandth. Why the thousandth, I think, is clear. We are now recording 4 112/1000. According to the algorithm, we find the GCD of 112 and 1000. In our case, this is the number 6. We get 4 14/125.
- We split the fraction into an integer and fractional part.
- See how many digits after the decimal point. If one - it's dozens, two - hundreds, three thousandth, etc.
- We record the fraction in the ordinary form.
- We reduce the numerator and the denominator of the fraction.
- Record the received fraction.
- We perform the test, divide the upper part of the fraction by the bottom. If there is an integer part, add to the received decimal fraction. It turned out the original version - wonderful, then you did everything right.
In the examples I showed how you can convert a decimal fraction into an ordinary fraction. As you can see, this is very easy and simple.