How to connect a TP Link router?
Watch the video
Today we can get access to the Internet withhome PC, and a mobile device, while a device such as a router can "give" access to the same network for several devices at once and, importantly, all these devices do not need to be wired - the connection is performed over Wi-Fi .
These circumstances led to the fact that allToday's users equip their homes with routers. However, it's not enough to buy a router, it still needs to be connected and configured. Of course, you can refer to specialists who will do all the manipulations without any problems, but if you want to save time and money, read this article in which we will tell you how to connect and configure the router yourself using the example of the most popular line of TP Link routers.
First, let's look at the connectors of the router. Each TP Link-router is equipped with three types of connectors:
Let's look at the functions of these connectors.
The "Power" connector is used to connect the router to themains. In the box with the router there is a special cable with which the connection is made. The "Power" connector is usually black and is labeled with 5V / 2A.
The WAN connector is used to connect an Internet cable to the router. This cable should be provided to your apartment by an Internet provider. The WAN connector is usually blue.
LAN connectors (as a rule, connectors of this type haverouter four) are designed to connect the router and the device, with which you need to "share" the network, using a cable. How so, you ask? After all, at the beginning of the article it was said that no wires needed! We did not deceive you, no, but not all devices are equipped with a Wi-Fi module. In this case, you can connect to the network through the LAN port (if the device is not equipped with such) and then you can not do without a cable.
In addition, the LAN connector is required for the initial network setup - the connection of the router and the device through which the configuration will be performed is carried out using an Ethernet cable.
Well, now that we know about all the connectors of the router, the connection process is very simple:
- We connect the router to the mains through the "Power" connector (the cable is included in the kit).
- The Internet cable, put into the apartment by the provider, is connected to the WAN-connector.
- Using an Ethernet cable (usually alsois included, otherwise it can be purchased at any computer store) connect the router and the device through which the initial setup will be performed.
All necessary connections have been completed, we will now proceed to configure the network:
- Open any browser, enter in the address bar 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- In the opened window with the requirement of login and password, enter the admin / admin or admin / 12345 or admin / empty field. If none of the combinations work, contact your ISP.
- If the login and password login operation was successful, the router setup interface should appear before you.
- First, change the password to enter the settings interface, so that no one without your knowledge could not change the settings - open the System Tools section, then - Password and create the desired password.
- Now go to the network setup - open the Network section, then - the WAN tab.
- In the window that opens, set the WAN Connection Type parameter to Dynamic IP and save the changes.
- Go to the MAC Clone tab, click the Clone MAC Address button in the pop-up window and save the changes.
- All! The initial network setup is complete!
Set up Wi-Fi
So, since our main task is to create wireless access, let's configure Wi-Fi:
- Go to the Wireless section, open the Wireless Settings tab.
- In the window that opens, specify the network name in the Wireless Network Name parameter (you can select any) and the region of residence. Do not forget to save the settings.
- Go to the Wireless Security tab, check the WPA / WPA2 - Personal section.
- In the Version parameter, specify WPA2-PSK, Encryption-TKP, PSK Password-the desired Wi-Fi network password. Save the settings and reboot the router.
- Done! Now any device with a Wi-Fi module will see the network you created.
As you can see, the task of connecting and configuring the router is not that complicated. Following the instructions, any user will be able to configure in 10-15 minutes.
Read also other articles from the section Configuring and Connecting the Internet.