How to collect a siphon?
Watch the video
Siphon - one of the main elements of drainage,located under the sink. The design of the siphon is such that the water accumulating in its bends creates a barrier that does not allow smells from the sewer to penetrate the room.
If you make repairs in the bathroom or in the kitchen, have purchased a new sink and do not know how to assemble the siphon, we offer you a detailed instruction on the assembly.
How to collect a siphon for a sink
The design of siphons from different manufacturers differs slightly, so the list of elements that make up the siphon and the process of assembly are universal.
- Install the drainage grid in the sink and screw it.
- Install between the drain hole in the sink andedge of the branch pipe with a special rubber gasket. Make sure that the rubber pad is thick enough and reliable to ensure a high level of waterproofing.
- Firmly press the nozzle into the sink and screw the connecting screw on top. This screw has a diameter of about 8 mm and is screwed into the nut located in the nozzle.
- If your siphon belongs to the bottle type,Insert the siphon into the nozzle and secure it to the optimum height for you with a nut. In the bottom, install a gasket of dense rubber, and then screw the bottom to the body.
- Next, connect the siphon outlet to the sewage pipe. To do this, place a rubber gasket between the siphon and the sewer pipe and secure the structure with a special nut.
What is important to know for the correct installation of the siphon
When installing the siphon, consider some important nuances:
- Before starting the assembly, check that the purchased kit contains all the parts declared by the manufacturer and necessary for installation.
- When installing a siphon, it is best to avoid usingsealant, as it will make it difficult to disassemble the siphon in case of blockage or other problems. Better use thicker and thicker rubber gaskets.
- If in addition to washing it is planned to connect to(for example, a dishwasher or a washing machine), make sure that the siphon you have selected has an additional tap for the hose.
- At the end of the installation workCheck the reliability of your assembly. Place a few newspapers under the sink and try to turn on the water. In the event that leaks do not occur, the siphon is installed correctly.
As you can see, the assembly of sanitary equipmentnot as complicated as it seems. And if you are closely involved in the repair of the bathroom and do not know how to install a shower, tips for self-installation, you can find in the article How to assemble the shower.