How to buy gold?
Gold is a precious metal. It has natural properties: divisibility, homogeneity, portability and retention. It is thanks to them that gold is more than other metals suitable for the role of money. Although since 1976 coins from this metal have been withdrawn from circulation all over the world, nevertheless, until now it remains an excellent means for investment. Whatever crises are not threatening financial structures, investments in gold always remain stable. They are very effective in terms of long-term prospects. There are historical notes that say that for the same number of grams of gold you could buy the same goods as hundreds of years ago. No currency in the world is capable of such a test of time.
Basically in our time, investing in goldenjoys great success abroad, rather than in Russia. Nevertheless, this type of investment is gaining momentum in our country. There are two ways of buying gold. This acquisition of gold bars or gold coins, which is issued by the Central Bank. Both options have both advantages and disadvantages. This article details this in order to help decide on how to buy gold is most profitable for you.
Gold coins of the Central Bank of Russia
Let's figure out how to buy gold, in the form of coins. When buying ingots of precious metals, you must pay VAT. This is not very profitable. But with the acquisition of gold coins, such problems are absent. They appeared in our country in 1996. Then the Central Bank decided that it was not profitable to keep them dead, and released into free sale. Later, a tax of 20% was imposed on all operations with precious metals. This led to a complete lack of people willing to buy and sell gold coins. They were in demand only among collectors.
As a result, Sberbank of Russia was forced into2001 to abolish the value-added tax when buying gold coins. Since then, their turnover is estimated in the hundreds. It is customary to acquire gold coins not only as an investment for funds, but also for gifts.
Customers can open metal accounts. This is when money is invested in precious metals formally, without taking out coins from the bank. In this situation there is a significant plus. Even if something happens with the account, the investments will still be given out in gold.
Most often among precious metalsdemand, as a means of investment, namely gold. This is easy to explain. This metal is constantly growing in price. At a time when silver has a constant stable value. To successfully carry out such transactions, you must constantly monitor the gold exchange rate in rubles.
Deciding to invest their capital in precious coinsSberbank, it must be remembered that not all of them are suitable for this. There are also collectible copies, at purchase of which you pay VAT. It is not refundable upon resale. It is suitable for those wishing to make a gift or replenish their collection. But there is an opportunity to profit on them. Such coins are issued by the Central Bank annually, in series. You can make good money only by purchasing those that are released in a small print run. They will be especially successful among collectors.
Ingots of gold
We will find out how to buy gold, in the form of ingots. Buying measured bullions of gold is beneficial only if you can sell them much more. Consider the subtleties of their acquisition in the Savings Bank of Russia.
After the Rules were approvedmaking by banks of transactions of purchase and sale of measured ingots of precious metals with physical persons », investments in gold became clear and accessible. This Resolution describes the following nuances:
- all operations must be carried out exclusively in the presence of the buyer;
- The scales must be located so that the buying citizen can personally supervise the weighing process of gold bars;
- weighing is carried out with an accuracy of 0.01 grams;
- Purchase only ingots poured in accordance with the standards of the Russian Federation;
- Ingots should not be contaminated;
- they must be accompanied by documents confirming their origin in the form of passports and certificates issued by the manufacturer;
- When buying, you must make out cash documents, which specify:
- type of metal;
- the price of the ingot;
- the total number of ingots purchased;
- date of purchase;
- amount for the whole purchase.
The correctness of the entire process of processing documents is provided by Sberbank of Russia.
There is also a question regarding how to buygold in bars without VAT. This is done when opening a metal account, as a result of which ingots are not removed from the bank's storage. Such operations are described in the law of the Russian Federation "On Value Added Tax", No. 1992-1 of June 6, 1991.
The purchase of gold bullion can be made only upon presentation of any identification document.
Rules of sale of ingots
Leading banks of Russia have a legal rightdevelop and approve its own rules for the sale of gold bullions. They detail the state of ingots that meet the integrity and pollution standards.
- Measured ingots of excellent gold must have a perfectly clean surface. Without scuffs, scratches and foreign inclusions. Have clean and complete certificates of the manufacturer.
- Measured bullions of gold satisfactorystates can have pollution and minor surface damage that does not affect the weight, and also have the logos of other credit institutions. Certificates of the manufacturer of such ingots may be damaged, have inscriptions and impurities that affect the ability to view the text contained in them.
- Sberbank does not buy gold bullion with spoiledcertificates of the manufacturer, not subject to their reading, and also not having any at all. In addition, Sberbank does not buy gold if the shape and weight of the ingots do not comply with the state standards, and if external damage has affected the weight of the specimen.
Now you know how to buy gold to invest in it your savings. Successful investment and always follow the course.