How to arrange furniture in the kitchen?
The kitchen is a workshop for housewives. Everything here should support her occupation. How to arrange furniture in the kitchen, so that it helps the hostess, but does not interfere? How to take into account all the laws of ergonomics and realize the desired in your kitchen?
Correct arrangement of furniture
The embodiment of ergonomic tasks in the kitchen isa properly planned environment that facilitates the preparation of meals due to the minimum time spent on moving inside the work areas. If it is reasonable to plan the kitchen, the time of the hostess can be saved up to 30% and up to 60% the distance traveled during cooking time will be reduced. Let's consider some variants of planning. In each there are lines that connect the three centers of activity and represent the necessary set of furniture for the kitchen - a stove, a sink and a refrigerator. With the correct arrangement, this triangle has the smallest sides, which provides the hostess with an unhindered access to any zone and movement within it.
- Sink. This is the main center, occupying about 40% of the time spent in the kitchen. Ideally, it should be in the center of the activity triangle with a distance of 1200-1800 mm to the plate and 1200-2100 mm to the refrigerator.
- Kitchen stove. Usually it is placed not far from the dining table. But we must remember the high traumatic nature of this place. Therefore, the distance should be optimal to avoid the occurrence of unpleasant situations.
- Fridge or freezer. They are most conveniently placed in the corner of the kitchen so that there is no division of the work space into plots. It is also desirable that the passage is not blocked when the refrigerator door is open.
Consider the 4 main options that are most common and convenient.
Kitchen in a line
As a rule, this variant of planning is chosen,when there is furniture for a small kitchen. With limited space, the location is along one wall. Plus this method - in a larger space, which allows you to install a kitchen table of the desired size. The order of location of the main elements is as follows: refrigerator - sink - stove, between which the desktop is installed. Minus this method in limiting the size of the wall, so the available space is desirable to occupy hanging cabinets.
This kind of planning will help to arrangefurniture in a small kitchen. There is enough space for home appliances, thanks to an elongated work table. Above him usually have hanging cabinets. The working area occupies both walls, making room in the dining room room.
This is a very compact and roomy layout,which has working areas on three walls of the room. It is desirable to arrange the three basic elements on different sides in order to maintain a single working surface. With a sufficiently large space, such a layout should take into account the maximum volume that makes up the working triangle, this value is 7 meters.
This layout option is suitable for largerooms, while the arrangement of furniture in the kitchen differs in the center of a stand-alone element, a plate or a sink. It should be taken into account that the working triangle should not be broken by the "island", but formed a single whole with it in order to preserve all the rules of ergonomics.
Tips for organizing a kitchen space
- How to arrange zones? Zones, projected clockwise (from left to right), are intended for right-handers. Accordingly, for left-handers, it is best to place the working areas counter-clockwise.
- What is better - boxes or doors? The upper cabinets can be equipped with doors. But here in the lower cabinets from the doors it is better to refuse, because they are not as convenient as the boxes, and less capacious. To find the thing you need, it takes a long time, because you can not see the entire contents of the cabinet. Yes, and bend more often to get what it takes, and at the same time take half of the contents out. Conveniently create retractable systems and drawers, as they give a maximum overview of the inside and optimality of access to it. It should be noted also the advantage of full drawers before partial, since you can easily get the right items.
- Table top. The mistress must choose the height of the countertop according to her height, and not vice versa. Measuring is simple enough, using the old grandfather's method: standing next to the work surface, you have to bend your arms in the elbows and then the distance from the hands to the table top should be 10-15 cm. This is the most optimal option. It should also be borne in mind that different work in the kitchen requires different heights. For example, the hob should be just below the working level, and the location of the microwave oven and oven, on the contrary, is higher.
- Volume of the working surface. The preparation area is the most important part of your kitchen. It should be located between the sink and the stove and be as long as possible to accommodate all the necessary appliances and give room for movement. The standard width is 90 cm. Lighting of the working surface is also of considerable importance. It is advisable to install additional lamps or fixtures.
Now you know all about how bestto arrange furniture in the kitchen so that it is comfortable and beautiful at the same time. This will allow you to create a special comfort even in the room where it is usually difficult to do something interesting. We wish you good luck and new ideas!