How to adjust the monitor?
Everyone knows that a properly configured monitorhelps protect the eyes of a person from a heavy load, but not everyone gives enough attention to this issue. The monitor can be well-tuned and ill-tuned, and people who know how to distinguish between the first and second will always work on the computer without pronounced fatigue. Surely, on a visit or in the shops, you noticed the difference between what looks like the same image on different monitors. So, how to properly adjust the monitor?
Preparing for customization
To understand how to adjust the monitor, you first need to consider the following points that will favor the correct color rendering:
- The correct organization of light. It is clear that the more comfortable the illumination, the less eye fatigue. If your eyes quickly become tired, then first you need to check the light source. Here are the basic rules for organizing lighting when working at a computer:
- the monitor should not shine the lamp either at an angle or directly;
- external light should not create glare on the screen;
- the monitor should not stand in front of the window;
- on the monitor screen, the light from the window should not fall at any angle,
- Correct connection to the computer. There are two types of connection of the monitor to the computer:
- standard analogue port (VGA);
- digital port (DVI, DisplayPort, HDMI, USB). This method of connection is considered advantageous especially recently, does not introduce unnecessary interference and gives a good contrast in the image, so if you have these ports, it makes sense to buy a suitable cord.
- Correctly installed drivers for the video card andmonitor. Usually it's not enough who thinks about what drivers are on their computer, and in vain, since installing the "native" drivers for both the video card and the monitor itself is very important. Typically, this can be done in three ways:
- with the help of an installation disk;
- using self-downloaded drivers from the manufacturer's site.
- Correct set screen resolutionmonitor. Sometimes the problem of how to adjust the resolution of a monitor can create great difficulties when perceiving an image. To set the resolution, go to the Start menu / Control Panel / Screen / Options and select the desired resolution so as to maximally unload your eyes.
All these listed actions are not necessary, butare highly desirable, as each of them will bring its own plus in comparison with what it was before. In addition, if you are thinking how to adjust the computer monitor, first study the control panel of your monitor model located at the bottom of the screen.
Adjust the screen refresh rate
As on monitors with cathode-ray tubes,and on modern liquid crystal monitors, the maximum refresh rate is desirable. This is due to the fact that at the maximum screen refresh rate there is no flickering, which is detrimental to human vision. It is important only that the monitor and video card support this maximum frequency.
A high refresh rate is needed forfast response of the monitor to sharp movement in computer games and fast graphics (85 Hz is sufficient), in office applications the maximum frequency setting is not necessary (60 Hz is sufficient).
To change the refresh rate settingscreen, click the Start menu / Control Panel / Screen / Options / Advanced / Monitor and select the optimal screen refresh rate. If the text on the screen begins to distort, then reduce the frequency to the maximum clarity of the image so that the eyes become less tired.
Contrast, brightness and color temperature of the monitor
A scale consisting of several sections will help us decide how to adjust the monitor's screen in its optimal contrast.
On the test strip you need to look under the directangle. With perfect contrast, you should see the numbers on the selected section number 1, so set the contrast control on the monitor so that the image is perfect.
When deciding how to adjust the brightnessmonitor, you need to take a sheet of white paper and place it under normal lighting. In parallel, open a new Word document and adjust the monitor so that the brightness on the screen matches the brightness of the paper. The main criterion for adjusting the brightness in this case will be your eye, since the brightness adjustment is strictly individual.
Adjusting the color temperature helpsset the color gamut close to real. So depends on this temperature, what will, for example, be a white color on the screen - yellowish, blue or white. Just like when adjusting the brightness, it is necessary to use an illuminated white sheet of paper by pressing the color temperature control (COLOR).