How do I transport a refrigerator?
Moving is always a very troublesome business. No matter how hard you try and do not worry, something will be lost or broken during transportation. To protect you from such problems, in this article we will tell you how to transport the refrigerator correctly, so as not to disable it and avoid breakdowns.
To safely transport the refrigerator, follow the recommendations below:
- Naturally, before transporting the refrigerator must be freed from all contents, defrost, wipe and dry.
- All moving parts inside the refrigerator must also be removed (shelves, drawers, containers, etc.).
- All manufacturers recommend to transportrefrigerators strictly in an upright position. Otherwise, during the movement, the motor-compressor can jump off its place, and inside it may form a cork of oil, which will prevent the freon from moving, and freeze the refrigerator. Therefore, when transporting the refrigerator, it is better to order a gazelle or any other transport with a high body.
- If you do not have the opportunity to transport the refrigerator"Standing", you can transport the refrigerator on your side at your own peril. If you transport neatly, you will avoid serious damage. But again, because of the oil inside the valve, connected to the compressor, the refrigerator can not be turned on right away. He will need to be allowed to settle in a vertical position for at least 6 hours.
- If you transport the refrigerator "lying down", you risk getting an interruption of the tubes and springs that secure the compressor to the frame. In this case, you may face an expensive replacement of the compressor.
- The door needs to be fastened to the refrigerator with a paint tape or tied with a rope so that it does not accidentally open during movement.
- In order not to damage the outer enamel, it is necessary to wrap the refrigerator with packing material and, if possible, protect the edges with polystyrene foam in order to avoid chipping and dents during transportation.
Transport the refrigerator for long distances inthe car is generally not recommended. This is more a forced measure than regular practice. Before transporting a refrigerator, for example, to another city, think, it may be much more convenient and more profitable for you to sell an old refrigerator in your city and buy a new one in another city.
You can also be useful article. Is it possible to transport the refrigerator lying down.