How do I remove the rear seat backrest?
If you need to transport a largeload or to eliminate the malfunction of the rear seat, the backrest must be dismantled. This work is simple, any motorist can cope with it.
So, let's see how to properly remove the back of the rear seat.
Dismounting the backrest
You can remove the back without assistance. For this, prepare the following tools:
- key (size 10 carob or consignment type);
- cross screwdriver.
Algorithm of actions
- First you need to open the rear passenger door of the car, under the seat to find the handle of the padlock, with a small push on it.
- Next, you need to slightly raise the edges of the pillow from both sides, which will allow it to exit from the grooves.
- Remove the seat cushion from the car.
- Headrests set in the lowest position, slightly pull up the headrest until it stops, pressing the lock button. Headrests should be removed from the seat back.
- Then it is necessary to raise the lock leverbackrests. Over time, the locking mechanism can wedge, such a problem happens in the mechanisms of not only new cars, but also used ones. In this case, you can lubricate the mechanism with lithol. Sometimes the strap of the lock mechanism is difficult to find after the neck of the seat, as it is hidden under the cover of the rear seats.
- Slightly lifting up, it is necessary to take out the back of the rear seats, unscrew the armrest, which is connected to the hinge. Then you can easily detach the back from the seat.
If you need to dismantle the seat (rear or front), the information is contained in the article How to Remove the Seats. And about the dismantling of the head restraint is described in the article How to remove the head restraint.