How can I restore the battery?
Rechargeable batteries have a number of unquestionableadvantages, which is why they are widely used in modern devices. However, they can lose their qualities over time and, as a result, do not perform the basic function of maintaining the power of the devices.
Depending on the reasons for the failure, there isThe opportunity to give the battery a second life, restoring it. This article describes some of the recovery methods. On the possible causes of problems with the car battery, read in our article How to reanimate the battery.
How to Repair Acid Car Batteries
The method is based on a multiple charge with short-time gaps
- Set the charger to minimum power and connect it to the battery.
- After about 1 to 1.5 hours, stop charging and reconnect the device after 10-20 minutes.
- Repeat procedure 5 - 7 times.
The fact is that over time, more denseElectrolyte accumulates among the plates and the battery stops taking charge. During the termination of the recharging process, a dense electrolyte flows into the interelectrode space, and therefore, by means of a cyclic charging it is possible to try to bring the density to normal values.
Method two: Replacement of electrolyte
- Open the covers and drain the electrolyte from the battery.
- Rinse the container with hot water several times.
- 3 teaspoons of soda dilute 100 ml of water. Boil the mixture and pour it into the battery. Leave for 20 minutes, then drain. Repeat the procedure several times.
- Rinse the battery again 3 - 4 times with hot water.
- Fill the new electrolyte and put on charge for 24 hours.
- After that, charge the battery for 6 hours every day for 10 days.
Method three: reverse charging
If nothing has helped, arrange the battery "shake"
- Take a powerful voltage source (from 20 V and current from 80 A).
- Open the plugs of the battery and charge the opposite: plus the devices connect to the negative battery, and negative to the plus.
- Charge this way for 30 minutes. Most likely, the battery will boil.
- Drain the electrolyte, rinse the battery capacity and fill with a new electrolyte.
- Put on normal charging for 24 hours, only the poles have now changed: on the factory minus, connect plus charging and vice versa.
The last two methods are suitable only for serviced batteries equipped with special lids for adding electrolyte.
Maintenance-free batteries are importantcharge, then the issue of recovery for a long time will not arise from you. Read about the recharging methods in our article How to charge a maintenance-free battery.
How to Recover Li-ion Cell Phone Batteries
Usually the phone's battery becomes unusabledue to improper charging, problems with the current sensor and for other reasons. The spoiled battery looks bloated, due to the accumulation of gases, the plates move apart, and the device does not hold the charge well.
The situation can be corrected as follows
- Carefully separate the upper part of the battery from the sensor from the housing.
- Disconnect the sensor from the rest of the structure.
- Immediately under the sensor panel is a cap, which can be pierced, for example, with a nail. Do this very carefully, so as not to damage the "stuffing".
- Take a flat object with an area larger than the area of the battery, put the battery on the table and press it on top of this object to return the previous shape.
- Take a drop of epoxy and seal it with a hole.
- Solder the charge sensor panel.
- Charge the battery with a universal charger.
How to Recover a Laptop Battery
Regarding battery recoverylaptop, it should be borne in mind that the laptop is a complex electronic device, and improper battery operation can disable the whole unit. First, decide whether you are ready for such consequences. If the answer is no - trust repair professionals or replace the item completely.
To try to repair the battery yourself, try the following:
- Divide the two halves of the plastic battery case with a knife.
- Multiply the number of cells in your battery by 1.2 volts, if you have a nickel-metal hydride battery, and 3.7 volts, if it's lithium-ion. This is the nominal voltage of the battery.
- Measure the actual voltage level with the multimeter. If it is equal to the nominal, and the laptop does not work - it's in the charge controller, it needs to be replaced.
- If the actual voltage is less than necessary, divide the elements (be sure to remove the controller) and find the faulty ones by measuring.
- Replace the waste elements, weld the structure.
- Plastic box must be glued with instant glue. Replace the battery and connect the charger.
After charging, the battery should work.