Historical novels: list of books, description, authors and feedback of readers
In today's world, unfortunately, free timestrongly limited. It is necessary to dispose of them with special vigilance. And of course, nobody will want to spend it on the wrong book. The choice is huge, and the eyes are scattered in search of the right one. Consider the same for those who love historical novels, a list of books that are primarily worth reading.
First of all, let's talk about the list of books in the genre of historical novels in the context of classical literature.
- Leo Tolstoy, "War and Peace" - a work from the school program. But due to youthful interests, underestimated by schoolchildren.
- William Shakespeare, "Romeo and Juliet" - the tragedy of the love of young hearts. Sensual history of the war of two noble families, in which were enamored children who found themselves on opposite sides of the barricades.
- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo" -a work that almost two centuries leads historical novels. The list of books in any source has this incredibly dynamic, plot and emotional creation.
- Archibald Cronin, "The Castle of Brody" - a novel about the life of the "hats of the master," who with his own hands destroys his own happiness and family.
- Honore de Balzac, "Gobsek", "Eugene Grande","Father Gorio" - books that contain the life stories of three unhappy people. Everyone grieves in his own way, everyone has his own tragedy. Survive all the trials of fate together with the heroes - that's what the author offers the reader.
About reviews in general
In this section, talk about the reviews are not veryit is appropriate, since the above-mentioned novels are the world heritage of literature. But still on the forums stands out among others the book Honore de Balzac. Interestingly, the overwhelming majority of readers, having become acquainted with the novel "Father Gorio", can no longer stop. And then the book after the book sympathizes and lives in the real "Human Comedy", created for them by the author.
The list is easy to continue with other works of the above authors, but if you are not familiar with their work, then your journey should start with these books.
A separate niche is occupied by historical romance novels. The list of books on this subject is huge. Let us single out the best of them.
- Christopher Gortner, "Tudor Conspiracy" - a great novel about the princess Elizabeth, love and conspiracy of the court, betrayal and loyalty.
- Courtney Milan, "Temptation with Love" - a novel about how,as a respected "sir" fell in love with a courtesan and was ready for anything to be with her. The woman had her own plans for their union: she intended to destroy his life.
- Margaret York, "Downton Manor: Mistress "- the novel is a continuation of the beloved work" Dawnton Manor: The Beginning. "The narrative of how a marriage of convenience can turn into the strongest love on Earth.
- Mikhail Shchukin, "Black Buran" - the novel is a continuation of all the famous work "Konokrad." About love and complexities of civil war.
- Patricia Potter, "Lightning" - a novel by a young American writer, who received for him the "Best novel about the war" award.
Prize winner among the books that received the mostthe number of positive reviews is the work of Christopher Gortner's The Tudor Conspiracy. Readers recognized the fresh approach to the well-known history, and also appreciated the sensual love line.
About the adventures
Among the readers there are many who like to not only dive with the book in the past, but also to catch the tail of a rapid plot. So, consider the list of books (adventures and a historical novel).
- Arthur Conan Doyle, "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" - many times filmed, but an excellent and unsurpassed detective.
- James Clavell, "Segun" - the adventures and misadventures of the brave English sailor in Japan.
- Boris Akunin, "Adventures of Erast Fandorin" -a series of adventure detective novels from the world-famous compatriot. His books have been translated into many languages of the world and are very popular both in Russia and abroad.
- Erich Maria Remarque, "The Arc de Triomphe" - a story about the war of man with fascism.
- Jules Verne, "The Mysterious Island" - a story suitable for both children and adults about life on an uninhabited island, where heroes fall into the fates of fate.
The owner of the most original reviews isnovel by Erich Maria Remarque "The Arc de Triomphe". A subtle psychological plot, a waterfall of emotions and a nervous fear for the hero received a response from many book lovers about the war and post-war time.
Many people prefer post-Soviet space authors. We recommend the following historical novels.
List of books (Russian authors):
- Eugene Vodolazkin, "Laurus" - a novel about a medieval healer. On the burden of gift, love and sacrifice.
- Victor Pelevin, "Chapaev and emptiness" - scandalouslyknown work of the Russian author, written in the genre of "historical novels," whose list of books is gradually replenished with a similar style. We recommend reading to lovers of Buddhism.
- Andrey Astvatsurov, "People in the naked" - a novel that won the literary award "TOP-50" according to the results of the readers vote.
- Zakhar Prilepin, "Abode" - the book-winner of the awards "The Book of the Year", "The Big Book" and many others. A novel about the love and life of the protagonist in the "special mission" camp in the 1920s.
- Timur Vermesh, "He's Here Again" is an ironic best-selling novel about Hitler's adventures in the modern world.
At the top of success is the work of Zakhar Prilepin at the moment. The book has collected many awards. Literary critics and ordinary readers call the work a novel of the century.
About the Motherland
Separately it is necessary to talk about books about our country in the past. So, the most famous historical novels about Russia (list of books):
- Yevgeny Fedorov, "Ermak" - a book about the conquest of Siberia by Ataman Yermak.
- Nikolai Kochin, "Prince Svyatoslav" - a novel aboutthe Kiev prince and his exploits. The defeat of the Khazar Khaganate, the war with the Volga Bulgaria is only the very tip of the iceberg of the great victories of the ancient Russian ruler.
- Leonid Grossman, "The Velvet Dictator" is a work about the famous Russian statesman, General MT Loris-Melikov. About life in the autocratic Petersburg of the 80s of the XIX century.
- Olga Forsh, "Dressed with a Stone" - a novel about the tragicthe fate of a prisoner of the Peter and Paul Fortress of the revolutionary Mikhail Stepanovich Beideman, imprisoned and forgotten for 20 years. Prisoner Alexander II without trial, on the false manifest, he was completely alone among the stone walls.
- Maurice Semashko, "Semiramis" - a book about the more than thirty-year rule of Ekatirina II. On the ups and downs, about love and hate, about state secrets and palace intrigues.
The most respectful reviews of both Russianhistorians and literary critics, and ordinary readers received the novel by Maurice Samashko "Semiramis". In an artistic manner and incredibly light style, the author gave a real story no worse than an experienced professor.
Lovers of book art are often askedthe question of how to find a work that is not only relevant to interests, but also capable of awakening feelings. The answer to this question is: a really good book will not leave even the most rational reader indifferent. Looking through magazines or Internet pages, studying annotations and reviews about historical novels, the list of books is filled up with new "desired" ones, we must remember that no one except you knows what you expect from the book. Read the books and be happy.