Barn do it yourselfDecember 20, 2012
Utility rooms are needed in any private house, since it is necessary to store tools, garden tools, various containers and other household items somewhere. A shed can be built with your own hands, because this building is not distinguished by design complexity or large size. There are different types of sheds, but before choosing the method of construction it is necessary to determine what the main task will be performed by this building.
A shed can be capital, with impressive size, or temporary and small. The second option is more convenient from the point of displacement, and is usually used when the entire site is not yet built up. As for the material of the shed, it should be chosen from the position of ease of acquisition and delivery to the construction site.
Capital barns are trying to build so that they fit into the overall building plan and look like the main building on the site - the house. In this case, for the shed use the same materials of the walls and roofs as for the house.
The word "capital" means a solid and solid building that will serve more than one year.For such a shed it is important to choose the right location, because transferring it quickly and without problems will fail.
Foundation. It is necessary to choose the type of foundation, which depends primarily on the type of soil and wall material. Usually for sheds use the following types of foundations:
- Finely recessed
- Base plate
Walls. The choice of materials for the walls is very diverse, but it should be borne in mind that the construction team is unlikely to be involved in the construction of the shed, and therefore it is necessary to choose materials that will be easy to install. An excellent option would be gas-concrete or gas-silicate blocks, which are light not only in weight, but also easy to handle in the process of laying. They cost dearly, but the buildings are warm and reliable.
You can also choose the frame technology, for example, wooden sandwich panels. For exterior trim it is better to use a painted corrugated flooring, which is produced in different colors, which means you can choose the most similar finish to the house. You can also buy PVC siding, OSB plates, plastic and wooden lining.
If you need an economical option, it is better to choose a red clay or white silicate brick. Also, slag concrete and concrete blocks are often used for sheds.In this case, an assistant is needed, since such blocks are quite heavy.
Roof. For sheds often choose a gable or single-pitch roofs. The first option is preferable because it is more practical, and the additional space under the roof can be used to store various, not often used things.
Roofing should be selected depending on ease of installation, cost of material, appearance. Many people use old materials for the roofing of the shed, but this is not an option, because such a roof will spoil the appearance of the site. Roofing material on the barn does not require much, so it is best to invest in a normal roofing material.
Ondulin has now become common. This sheet material has good performance and can be produced in different colors, in addition, it is not difficult to install.
Temporary sheds are often built on those plots where the construction of the main building has not yet been completed, or just planning the site. It is such a barn a very simple structure, which. As a rule, they are made from scrap materials and as soon as possible.Under the force of such construction, even one person without assistants and special knowledge of the rules for the construction of buildings.
The size of the barn is selected depending on the destination and the number of items that will be stored in it. These are usually small sheds measuring 3x3 or 2x2 meters. The material for such structures is wood, and the frame structure is chosen (for faster assembly and disassembly). Finishing a temporary barn can be done or leave walls unpolished. It depends on what the shed is meant to hold and how long it will be used.
How to build a barn
Below is an approximate technology of construction of a temporary barn consisting of a wooden frame lined with roofing material. For construction, you will need: bars with a section of 100x100 mm or other similar wooden materials (for example, thin logs), boards 25 mm thick (uncut, second-grade boards can be used), roofing felt, brick, cut boards with a section 150x50 mm, slate, nails of different lengths (70 -200 mm), staples.
- To prevent the lower part of the structure from dampness, it is necessary to build chairs made of bricks.Even temporary structures need waterproofing, so the construction of these elements is mandatory.
- On the constructed brick stools lay a layer of any waterproofing material and put a timber on top. Make the connection in the corners of the type "in half-wood" and fix the corners with nails 100 mm long.
- Next, install the rack. their number is calculated based on the size of the barn. The optimal step is 1.5 meters. The racks are fixed with temporary struts and nailed obliquely with long (150 mm) nails.
- An upper harness is placed on the racks and the corner joint is also carried out in half wood. Stand and strapping connections are fixed with nails 200 mm long. The ends of the strapping must be released from the front and the back of the shed by 20-30 cm.
- A crate is placed on top of the top trim, on which the roofing felt is spread out and slate is nailed on top.
- Next, install permanent struts of wooden bars with a section of 50x50 mm. The struts are placed diagonally on the corner posts.
- At the location of the door you need to install an additional rack on which the bolt will be attached. Insert the door frame into the opening.
- Then boards are nailed to the posts of the shed.If they are smooth, that is, cut off, then they are nailed tightly with each other, and if the boards are not edged, then they are laid alternately, then with a beveled edge to themselves, then from themselves. In this case, it turns out the lock, in which one board go beyond the edge of another.
- The walls of the boards sheathed with ruberoid outside to protect against atmospheric phenomena. Roofing material should be fixed from the bottom up, so that the upper edges go to the bottom - so water drops will not fall inside the walls.
- Next, lay the boards on the bottom trim floor boards, hang the door and attach the lock.
It is important to remember that before building even a temporary barn, it is necessary to prepare the site and all the necessary building materials. It is possible to draw a sketch of the building before the construction of the shed, so that it is easier to calculate the amount of material. And also to carry out a waterproofing of all necessary elements that the shed served longer.