Alcoholic cocktails at home: how to make a homemade Mojito, cocktail recipe Cosmopolitan and Blue Lagoon, cocktails with tequila, rum and liqueur
Many people go specifically to the bar to taste the taste of their favorite drink - a cocktail. But recipes for mixing ingredients have long been known and most cocktail drinkers have learned how to make them at home.
The main thing in the article
The most popular alcoholic cocktails
The term "cocktail" means "cock tail", but the origin of this name remains a mystery. There are many stories and assumptions about where and who first came up with mixing drinks to get a cocktail.
We will consider the most popular alcoholic cocktails:
- Mojito. Cocktail, beloved by many people, organically combines a strong drink, sweet sugar and sour citrus - lime. The classic version of mojito includes exactly five components: lime, sugar, mint, soda and rum, as well as an integral part of the cocktail - ice. Fans of experimenting add strawberries, orange, apple juice - that’s enough fantasy.
- Cosmopolitan. This cocktail did not immediately become a favorite and gained popularity among bar visitors. It was corrected many times and changed the proportions, as well as the components themselves. That is why there are many recipes for making cocktails. The main ingredient that is present in all combinations to create a cosmopolitan, is vodka in the combination of liquor.
- Blue Lagoon. Bright cocktail has a unique tropical flavor. The blue lagoon is prepared on the basis of vodka with the addition of liqueur, natural pineapple juice and lemon.
- Bloody Mary. The creation of the first cocktail with its history goes to far Paris, where it was first prepared by Pita Petyo. He named his creation in honor of the daughter of King Henry, who received this nickname for his cruelty.
- Pina colada.The drink, which was first prepared in Puerto Rico, is the pride of Puerto Rican bars. The excellent taste of an elegant combination of pineapple juice, liquor, rum and coconut cream will not leave indifferent.
There are many cocktails that are not inferior in their popularity to the above. For example:
- Cuba Libre
- Sex on the beach
In the photo is the famous cocktail B-52.
Mojito Cocktail at Home
Mojito has a lot of variations, it all depends on your personal preferences. There is one set of proportions, regardless of your choice of juice and berries:
- 0.33 cups - a mixture of juice, mint, sugar and berries;
- 0.33 cups - ice from purified water or soda;
- 0.33 cup - alcohol and soda.
The classic version of cooking Mojito at home.
- Lime (can be replaced with lemon).
- Rum (white) - about 50 gr
- Soda - 140 gr
- Mint - 6 leaves (can be less)
- Sugar (can be brown) - 2 hl
At the bottom of the glass lay mint, sprinkle with sugar on top and slightly knead. Lime cut in half, squeeze the juice out of one half of the mint, the second cut into slices - part of the set aside, the rest - in a glass. So, 1/3 cup is full.
Next, add crushed pieces of ice to the level of 2/3 cup.
The next step is to add alcohol and soda in the specified amounts. Ready mojito should be slightly hindered by the straw.
In order to attract the drink externally, the glass should be decorated with a slice of lime and mint leaves.
Cosmopolitan Homemade Recipe
Important! You need a shaker to make a cosmopolitan. All liquid components need to be pre-cooled!
We offer you to try the classic version, which you can later correct at your discretion.
You will need:
- vodka (citrus can be) - 50 ml
- Cointreau liqueur - 20 ml
- cranberry juice 40 ml
- lime juice - enough of half the fruit
- ice - at will
We lay out all the ingredients in a shaker and shake a couple of times, after the manipulations with the mixture, we fill the glass. If you added ice, it should remain in the shaker. You can decorate a glass zest of lime.
Blue Lagoon Homemade Cocktail
Vodka in this cocktail can be replaced at will with rum or martini, and juices with the well-known “sprite”.
You will need:
- Vodka - 45 ml
- liquor "De Kuyper Blue Curacao" - 25 ml
- lemon juice - 25 ml (or 40 ml of sprite)
- pineapple juice - 25 ml (or 40 ml of sprite)
- 40 ml sprite
How to cook?
Put all the ingredients in the shaker, putting liquor and ice aside. Actively mix. Fill the glass with ice with a third, then pour the contents of the shaker, and only then pour the liquor. Before serving, decorate a glass with a slice of lemon and lightly stir the cocktail with a straw.
Cocktails with tequila and vodka: homemade recipes with photos
For two portions
- mango nectar - 160 ml (2/3 cup)
- tequila - 120 ml (half a cup)
- Lime (lemon) - 3 table spoons of juice + 4 slices (1 segment - 1/8 lime)
All ingredients (without lime slices) put in a shaker and shake for 30-40 seconds. In glasses, pour the contents of the shaker, in each - squeeze 1 (2 of 4 deferred) lime slice. The remaining two slices of lime beautifully placed on the edge of the glass. Serve immediately after cooking.
Caramelized milkshake with tequila
- 240 ml of ice cream (we recommend to take caramel)
- 3 tbsp boiled condensed milk
- 45 ml tequila
- ice cubes
Put 3-4 ice cubes in the blender bowl and all components, mix with blender about 3 minutes. During this time, the mixture should thicken and become smooth. Cocktail fill the cooked glasses. Decorate with whipped cream, which can be sprinkled with salt! Cocktail is ready.
- 60 ml of sake (dry)
- 30 ml of vodka
- Japanese cucumber (for decoration, cut into cups)
- ice cubes
Preferably in a shaker, mix vodka and sake with the addition of chips or ice cubes. After - pour the mixture into cooked glasses and decorate with cucumber cups.
Mugs of cucumber can be put in a glass, gradually pouring the mixture ready.
For 7 servings
- 2 glasses of Brazilian vodka (liqueur shaks);
- syrup (1 tablespoon of water + 1 table of sugar);
- lime - 6 pcs.
- 3 cups of ice (crumbs)
In the cooled sugar syrup, put 6 slices of lime and remember them a little, but not too intensively, so that many essential oils are not released from the skin.
Add Brazilian vodka and a crumb of ice to the syrup. Actively mix everything. Serve in a tall narrow glass. As a decoration, use fantasy and lime.
Delicious recipes for cocktails with liqueur
- Midori Liquor1 - 15 ml
- liqueur2 (Irish Cream) - 15 ml
- Kahlua liquor3 (coffee) - 15 ml
This cocktail is poured into a glass in layers, it should not be mixed or whipped. If you pour carefully, then you get perfectly even layers.
Take inward immediately!
- rum (white) - 50 ml
- Baileys - 50 ml
- Tia Maria liqueur - 50 ml
- milk - 150 ml
- nutmeg crumb, cinnamon (stick), chocolate syrup (a few drops)
We mix the milk with the previous ingredients, gently filter everything into a glass, sprinkle with nutmeg crumb, add chocolate syrup, decorate with cinnamon stick if desired.
- coconut liqueur (1/2)
- apple juice (1/2)
- thin apple slices (for decoration)
Fill the glass with ice, pour juice and liquor on top. All gently mix, decorate with thin slices of apple.
- rum - 80 ml
- Cointreau liqueur - 40 ml
- sugar syrup - 20 ml
- lime juice - 40 ml
All ingredients combine with ice in a shaker, mix well and strain into a glass. Decorate with a slice of lime.
Rum cocktail recipes
- Lime - 80 gr
- sugar - 15 gr
- rum (white) - 70 ml
In a shaker, beat all the ingredients and filter into a glass. Decorate with a slice of lime.
To create this cocktail, you will need a Coke, rum (light) and a slice of lime.
Fluids need to mix 2: 1 and pour into a glass, decorate to your taste.
- fruits: lemon, lime, orange
- half a cup of sugar
- a cup and a half of rum
- 750 ml of red wine (dry)
- 200 ml orange juice
Peel the fruit, cut into rings, put it on the bottom of the dish. Fruit sprinkle with sugar and pour rum.Dishes with fruit clean in the refrigerator for 1.5-2 hours.
We take out fruits in rum from the refrigerator, we knead them a little with a wooden spatula. Add wine and orange juice. Thoroughly mix everything and put in a glass. Before serving, decorate with a slice of orange or lime.
You can add strawberries or other favorite fruits.
Dairy alcoholic cocktails at home
- milk + brandy (2: 1) - 210 ml
- banana - 1 pc.
- Kiwi, strawberry - 1 pc.
- ice cream - 200 g
Add a mixture of milk and brandy to ice cream with banana slices and beat with a blender. Pour the cocktail into a glass and decorate it with a slice of kiwi or strawberries.
- brandy - 40 ml
- syrup (sugar + water) - 20 ml
- milk - 80 ml
In a shaker, beat all ingredients until smooth, pour into a glass and sprinkle with ground nuts. Decorate with any fruit.